Atlanta Boat Show

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim m

Reaction score
Went to boat show today and have to admit that from dealing w/ Tracker and seeing how they rig their boats w/ the least hp possible for the most part...Dealers like Stratos and Triton rig their boats with at least a 150 min...And the prices for their rigs was certainly giving Tracker a strong run for their money....Anyone wanna buy a Nitro & PT 175??????????

I went to the boat show here in Maryland yesterday and have to agree with you rtlo. Tracker also puts the lowest powered trolling motor as compared to other manufacturers also. It is amusing to talk to all the manufacturer rep's and hear them talk down the other manufacturers. The Stratos guy bashed the Nitro and the Triton guy bashed the Stratos. The Triton guy said "guys that own Nitro's or Stratos's will be back in two years to buy either a Triton, Ranger, or Bass Cat. You get what you pay for".

Remember guys it's all in what you want. Tracker is not trying to deceive anyone. A lot of people want rigs with lower ponies and they dont need big TM's. Some are only interested in price. When I was on the State Team, I sold a bunch of boats to people who were not on big lakes and only fished in good weather. A lot of tin models went to even smaller lakes (Neeley's backyard lake is a prime example). You need to be an informed buyer. I had a guy buying a 740LX that wanted the smallest outboard on it that he could get because he was going to let his 16 year old take it out to fish. That's just 1 example. Very few of the total number of buyers want a rocket sled that can fish in raging winds and strong river current. The big mistake most make is to start upgrading and then not know when to stop. Do you really need fiberglass fenders on you trailer? If you do, then you are going to pay for them. As for the brand bashing, its been going on forever and I can tell you that every Tracker store I have been in they do not want their salesmen talking down other brands. I know of many, many, NITRO buyers who outfitted their boats smart and are totally happy. I am one of them and my rig has been in the worst of the worst. There are some upgrades I want to do and I would do if buying new, like a bigger TM with a bounce buster and a long shaft. A few trips to Champlain and St. Clair taught me a valuable lesson in that area:p. I had to tie a bumper under my TM every time we made a long run on St, Clair so it would not bust off the front of my boat. A bounce buster would have cured that but would not have helped in trying to fish in 2 foot swells with the standard length shaft. If you want to run in the high 60's and low 70's then the stock 225 (on the 929) is not the motor for you. I have been totally happy with my stock 225 efi (no longer offered). Bottom line.......know what you need and rig it that way. Every manufacturer has its positives and negatives.

TOXIC

I dont dis agree with any of you I guess what i ment is If you want a toy to play with that you get the LOW end stuff which doesnt matter then Go to Tracker,,,But my opinion from the rigs and prices is,and by no way am i bashing Tracer or Nitro,I have 1 of each..If you want a serious rig set up the FIRST time with the HIGHER end equipment for a couple thousand if that more then your best option is with Triton,Sratos,Ranger,,,...I will not purchase from Tracker again,just based on the customer service and sales people before & after purchase for BPS Atl....To much headace to deal with,seeing how their mentality is if you want it from us,its our way or the highway.....Now thats only MY 2 cents worth..I am sure one day i will become desprite and someday buy from them but i will shop better my other options before hand....

I know Tim, I wasn't trying to make it look like you were, sorry if I did. All I was saying is that the responsibility is the buyers to buy and rig what they need on a boat and the smarter they do that, the better deal they will get. I still believe a comparably rigged TM product will run with any manufacturers similarly rigged boat. Not counting the need for speed in hulls like Bullett, Allison, etc. Buying a boat is a personal decision and honestly, I have yet to find a 20 footer layed out as well and a better fishing platform than a NITRO. What I may give in other areas I make up for in different ones. Like I said it's personal and $2-3,000 more for a Ranger or Triton may be worth the money to you and not to me. It's like a good friend of mine likes to say "When they come down off plane, they're all alike". :p

TOXIC

To each his own,,,No hard feelings..Mybe just struggling from sticker shock

Tim, how was the show in terms of size and attendance? I haven't gone the last couple of years because I felt the show had taken a step back with smaller displays and less makers.

Rich,I have been the last 3 yrs and most of the majors were represented ,this year Bullet wasnt there,didnt see any Champions or Blazers or Allisons...It was pretty busy and lots of people...i probably wouldnt have paid for my tickets to go.I get them free so probably thats the reason i go

Back