Anyone using the Cabelas folding net?

• Thread starter Geo F [URL]http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geo F

Reaction score
I have not been using a net in the baot for years...too messy, ruled out in tournments, tripping hazard etc. Well, I'm looking to put something in this coming year...but still have room issues and tripping issues.

I was searching the new cabelas catolog and seen the type which folds and collapses into a small package...looks like I could stick it in a 4" pvc tube...anyone use it before?

Link below of the net I'm refering to.

Geo of Tin
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...returnString=No=20&hasJS=true&Nty=1&Ntx=match

I have been using that net for the last three years, and it works well. I broke one on a 25# catfish, but that was my own stupidity for trying to net that fish. I like it best for its compactness and the ease of opening and using. It is a great net to keep out of the way. I highly recommend it.

Bill I have the Cabelas folding net on my boat for the exact same reasons you mentioned. (mostly space issues & the fact I rarely use one) I mounted mine using stainless spring clips to the underside of one of the storage lids in my boat. I wanted to be able to access it with one hand, because the only time I use it is night fishing and desperate situations.

The net is definitely compact & fairly easy to operate, however it is a little light weight in the sturdy department. I have landed multiple 2 to 3lb smallies in it while night fishing with only 1 incident. The net collapsed after I netted the fish; the positive is it just closed the net around the fish and we landed it anyway. I cannot say if it was the latch that failed or that the net was not snapped all the way into the locked position.

Hope this helps!!!

Oh, I looked at the SPRO & it looks identical to my net minus the name.

Latest posts

Back