Anyone tow with a F-150?

• Thread starter David Hunt [URL]http://www.iihs.org/news_releases/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Intersting. Ford requested the test early.

It's funny how, when the test goes bad, the manufacturer's spokesperson trots out and says something like: "We feel the test doesn't take into account real world variables and doesn't reflect the safety built into our vehicles."

Except when they know they are going to ace a test with a redesign... :)

I have a 2002 F150 Super Cab Sport V6 automatic 2x4 and tow my NX750 and my previous boat a 2000 Triton TR186, right off bumper. No problems at all.

I tow with a 1999 F-150 4WD with that towing package. It pulls my P/T 185 like it's not there. The truck did a good job with my old 19' ChampioN. I knew it was there, but it performed well.

95 f-150 4X4 pulling an 896. I wish I had a bigger engine. 5.0L is not as powerful as I'd like, but it does the job.

Gene

2001 F-150 Super Crew w/ 5.4L 4X4 Off Road and Tow Package... Positively love the truck... great mileage and ride and enough power to pull my 19' Tracker "Tin" Magna 19 about 10-12,000 miles a year.

Tow my NX750 with a 1996 F150, with a straight 6, 5 speed manual, it does what I need to do. I pull off the bumper because I lowered the truck and a reciever would hang too low.

Back