Anyone Sat in a 482 or 591? MAN thats a LONG way to the wheel!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Was at BPS on Sat afternoon with the boys. Spent some time in the new models. The first thing that realy struck me on both was MAN i'm 5'10", have what my mom called "monkey" arms and I could NOT sit with my back in the seat and reach the steering wheel!! Talked to a few of the salesguys and they agreed that is one of the issues they hear from the "smaller sized" guys. I know my 700lx is a REAL tight fit for anyone with a gut, but wonder if any of the other folks have sat in the boat and thought that too??

Realy like the new modular consoles and the seating is very comfortable. But.. The seat cushin's all flip up (like the other Nitro boats) but there is NOTHING under them but carpet??? No storage as the gas tank is now under the seats!!

Trep

They have finally realized that the majority of the bass fishing public, tend to be on the 'bigger size'. Also, with all of your equipment on (Life jacket/etc), it helps to have more room.

Tex

Cool I'm 6'2. Doesn't the seat move fron and back????? i like the no storage because of the gas tanks there. It makes for a better ride, then again, I'm not a storage guy anyway, I hate clutter. I only need room for rods, and a few boxes

Gut or no gut, if you can't sit comfortably and reach the wheel it seems like an issue to really consider if buying that boat. The Baltimore BPS hardly has any boats.:angry:

The consoles on those 2 models are a joke....wouldn't last a week on St. Claire or Erie.

Tex - No comment!! LOL

Mike - No they don't move (the seats) as they for some reason have the bottom seat cushin's hinged so they don't move. SO the rear seat cushins are bolted to the back rest.

Ken - they look similar to the Ranger Z and Triton console's i've seen, what makes them a concern on rough water? No i'm not saying the are the same physicaly or not, just the open leg room and approach looks just like the Triton and Ranger ones?

Ahhh, well that makes sense Pat, had not thought about that!

Ken - they look similar to the Ranger Z and Triton console's i've seen, what makes them a concern on rough water? No i'm not saying the are the same physicaly or not, just the open leg room and approach looks just like the Triton and Ranger ones?

Good eye Trep. They are exactly like the Ranger Z consoles...

Craig

Thanks Craig - So being "modular" means that the 2nd console is easy/easier to install?

The Ranger consoles have more support and more glass/substance to them.

Sit in one of the Nitro's and grab the wheel or grab-handle and give the thing a shake.

Trep,...they're designed that way so they can flex and not crack....old style consoles that are built into the cap, are notorious for getting the crows feet cracks in the radii.....specially where the console blends into the cap. The modular system allows the 2 to flex and twist in opposite directions....resulting in far fewer cracks.

The Ranger consoles can be ADDED to a single console boat after it's done,....but if I'm not mistaken, a console cannot be removed from a dual console without cosmetic "issues" LOL.

Ranger's and Triton's have been using that system for a few years now.......evidently Nitro has seen the benefits and joined the party as well...

Thats ok, cuz the rangers are having hull problems on the Z series, according to a dealer friend of mine. see They ALL have their share of problems.

That's the first I've heard of it,...but you're right,..EVERY mfgr will spit out a lemon every once in awhile,...the less often..the better!! The real value of a boat comes thru after the sale anyway,......when it needs to be serviced....if you don't have any issues there...that's cool too!! My Z's been awesome and I have NO complaints,..that boat's been thru some of the roughest water the great lakes can dish out and it's STILL in MINT condition.:wub:

Carry on!!

Mac

I thought the same thing as Ken when I saw the consoles on those boats. The inner corner just kinda hangs out there without any support. Sure would make for some nice legroom,swinging them in and out. But as far as holding up in the rough stuff,,,we'll see what happens in the long run.

N591C0306_FO_06_700.jpg

Back