Anyone know about Shimano Citica reel?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff R.

Reaction score
I bought 3 Daiwa Advantage Super-Tuned reels to upgrade from my Bass Pro Extremes I had been using for quite sometime and I can't seem to get myself to like the Daiwa's very well, at least not as much as my Extremes. I know that probably doesn't make sense to anyone. I was looking at the Shimano Citica D's and was curious if anyone had any experience with them or knew about them. I have some Shimano spinning reels which are very smooth and reliable so I figured they probably build their baitcasters just as well. I'm open to any other options that would be in that price range as well. Also, I may be selling 3 Daiwa Advantage Super Tuned reels that hardly have any time on them. Thanks guys. Jeff

This is just my opinion but I am a mechanical engineer and I have owned 50 or so baitcasters over the years. There is no inexpensive means of constructing a quality reel. It all comes down to the precision tolerances of the housing and quality of the bearings and gears. The size, shape and weight have a lot to do with how a baitcaster feels in one
http://cgi.ebay.com/Shimano-Scorpio...itemZ7242922214QQcategoryZ36146QQcmdZViewItem

Back