Anyone interested in fantasy football?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Anyone interested in getting a NTOWS league together for this year's NFL season? We could have the draft on line since we all have computers.

Sounds good to me Teri, I'm already playing in 2 leagues, but will join a NTOWS league. Yahoo is the only one I know of that is offering free play, you can't win any prizes thru yahoo but we can have some fun. I am a league manager in one league & don't want to have 2 leagues to manage, but if someone else will set it up and send me the info. I'll be one of the teams. KENNY

I would do it for sure. Like Kenny said the yahoo league is pretty good. we use that one for my work league.

The Cowboys having a winning season... now THAT's FANTASY FOOTBALL :)

Oh contrare Mr.Snow!!! The LIONS going to the SuperBowl is as "fantasy" as it gets,....LOL

i would be interested as well. never done it, but it sounds like fun.

count me in!

bryan

I think I heard Mike whisper something under his breath about "fantasy mudwrestling"..........

I have been wanting to try it.

Would love to join in if NTOWS has one.

Wolf

Including myself, that is 8 (who said they would play, I didn't count people who just made comments) which should be enough for a league. Ideally, you would have at least 10 so we will see if anyone else joins. I will look into Yahoo and see about setting up a league. I know I will need your email addresses which I will get from the member page. If yours is not up to date or you want to use a different one, let me know. I don't really have time to run it but I will if no one else wants to. I ran one last year in Yahoo. If anyone else wants to, let me know.

I will post some scoring ideas later and see what you think. I would like your input so everyone has fun and thinks it's fair.

Teri, if ytou dont have the time i can run it, its up to you.

Jim B, that would be great but I don't want to trouble you since the league was my idea. Please let me know that you are really ok with running it.

Yea im fine with it, we just need to get the rules agreed on and ill set it up

I would like to do it on yahoo if possible. The yahoo default rules are pretty good as far as trades and wavers, do we want 4 or 8 teams in the playoffs and the biggie, live draft or autodraft? i like auto because sometimes its a pain to get everyone togehter to do a live one. and how many teams max?

Mabye we can get Mac to do us a t&s shirt or something for the winner.

This is what we use for scoring in my main league but we have individual defensive players:

FG - Field Goals 3 Points

Plus a 2 point bonus @ 50+ FG

FL - Fumble Lost, Including ST plays -2

Pa2P - Passing Two-point Conversion 2

PaInt - Passing Interception -2

PaTD - Passing TD 6

PaYd - Passing Yards 0+ PaYds = 1 point for every 25 PaYds

Re2P - Receiving Two-point Conversion 2

ReTD - Receiving TD 6

ReYd - Receiving Yards 0+ ReYds = 1 point for every 15 ReYds

Ru2P - Rushing Two-point Conversion 2

RuTD - Rushing TD 6

RuYd - Rushing Yards 0+ RuYds = 1 point for every 15 RuYds

XP - Extra Points 1

Scoring for Defensive Categories

DFR - Defensive Fumble Recovered 2

DTD - Total Defensive and Special Teams TD 6

Int - Interceptions 3

PDef - Pass Defensed 1

SACK - Sack 3

STY - Safety 2

TK - Tackle (ID/DT/DST) 1

Those rules are pretty similar to yahoo's default rules. the yardage needed for points is a bit higher on yahoo but can be adjusted. Would you prefer team defense or individual defensive players? i like team defense, its easier to manage. also live draft or auto? how many teams should we limit it at? i would think do the max(20) if we can get enough people to commit if not then 12 and 4 in the playoffs?

IF no money is involved I'll try it - if there is money, then I'm stickin to fishing...

daver

Jim, you can use the Yahoo rules if you want. I would definitely use team defense. I like the live draft but auto may be better for everyone. I will do either. What do you need to get started?

Latest posts

Back