Anybody put a jack plate on PT175 or185?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greg hall

Reaction score
I was wondering if it was possible to put a adjustable jackplate on a 2001 PT175 w/75 merc,bass pro has a small 5 1/2" adj. jack plate for $199.Will the transome hold the extra set back?I would like to be able to adjust the engine hieght.

With the transom already stepped on these hulls...a jackplate will not get your more speed. I'm sure Pat will chime in:cool:

why not just raise it and keep it on the transom, you might have to get a new prop to keep it within the rpm range though.

I could raise it a hole but I would only have to adjust the plate up or down ,I need a hoist every time

I move it in another hole.

Most likly you will set the plate and leave it so the only diff would be the setback. Is this for performance or for rpm adjustment?

I guess you are right I'll just wait till I get a real bass boat nexst year,already got a stainless prop so I guess that's it,I'll have to buy a bigger boat:):)

Greg - Just buy a new 175 Opti and pull the "1" off the cowling. Then sell me the 75 Merc for a decent price and i'll put it on my PC175!!!!

What's your top end like now with the 75 merc?

I'had it out 1 time with the gps & it was 44.2 I know it will go faster the speedo says 50,

Back