Anybody ever Stretch there boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Freeman

Reaction score
A dumb idea at best and I know the glass boys and girls can't do this. But has anybody ever streched a tin boat?? Like add 3 feet or so? I found a spare,damaged hull (free) that would be a perfect fit to extend my tracker from 17 to say 19 or 20 feet. It would be from the center back leaving out the amount of work and assuming it would be solid what would be the down side?

BF

Murphy's law suggest that the job will leak and the boat will sink. This could be a down side. Sorry I could't resist.

Cheese

Marc

Having a transom that is obviously re-welded on... had a guy in TX who had a new transom put in his boat, have it confiscated because the hull ID was screwed on... luckily, he had the paperwork and was only out of business for a couple of days.

The welds would cause the hooking phenomenon, I'd expect, causing you to porpoise. Also, you'd be stuck with the original coast guard tag, plus the added weight, you'd be going slower and able to carry less weight (since you added a few hundred pounds to the hull itself).

Otherwise, floatation foam and such... don't sink it and you won't have an issue :)

I said it was a dumb idea at best.. But it never hurts to think outside the box right??

BF

Latest posts

Back