Any one hit the Potomac today

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hutchison

Reaction score
MAN that was about the worst I have ever seen that river the waves had to be close to 3ft in the middle ran accross to mattawomen I think thats how you spell it any was every boat on the river was in there.

Gosh, I hope it calms down!! Due to be about tomorrow AM in Aquia. I was in Mattawoman last Sunday during a tournament. You could tell! Saw every type of bass boat and fishing boat imaginable in there! Hope you got a few, Hutch.

JC

Had a GREAT day today!!! Hope that Jim can send the pics!! Dummy me forgot my camera...

Was a GREAT time with Jim!!! Was a bit breezy at times, but then it let off.....

Ya I wish I could of got down there today yesterday was to much for me to enjoy.

Definitely a good day on the water. Didn't start out so hot, though, when my blackberry with C's address ran out of juice last night and I didn't notice. Meant backtracking several blocks after leaving home to pull his the info off the computer. That left me about 20 minutes late arriving - sorry C - I HATE being late! C, ever the gracious host, said "no worries." He was even more patient with me for losing my sunglasses on his lawn that I had to go and look for before we could get on the water. I FINALLY got my act together and we were off.

C's good graciousness was there the whole day, including putting me on great spots and making sure I had clear casting lines. Of course, with my karma today, it wasn't in the cards - got two small fish. Still a good day on the water, especially with being able to watch a TRUE fisherman at work. Think I'm just blowing smoke? Well, here was C's first fish of the day (near Quantico):

PotomacPics001.jpg

Later, moving out to the main stem, he got this nice toad!

PotomacPics003.jpg

Both those fish were easily in the three pound range. Never one to give up, C tried to put me on some catfish. Here's what he pulled in instead:

PotomacPics005.jpg

That lunker went about 5 pounds plus! Not many of those in the Potomac!!

Thanks again, C. for a fun day on the water! Next time, I'll be on time - promise!! :):)

Jim,

Man, nothing but a thing dude, it is FUN!!!! Hopethat we can get BILL out to play some...... you are welcome on the ride anytime!!!

Hutch, have a good today pattern :eek: Looks liek the usual will be in effect for next week...... you get out any and find any fishes???

just the norm finding the right grass bed at the right time and wood and riprapin the creeks and running with the tide

Back