Any news on 2006 Tracker/Nitros? Saw a 2006 PT 175 this weekend

• Thread starter Michael Trepper
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Only major change I could see side by side between the 2005 and 2006 on the 175, up front instead of the single rod locker, wide storage and dry storage (2 up front) and cut out where a flipping deck might go, there is now 3 LONG storage containers similar in design/layout to the center storate on the Tundra model! The left and center ones had rod tube/organizers built in!!

Any other info anyone has on the 2006 models??

I don't know if you noticed, but I posted a little while ago about a PT 170 I saw at the Gurnee Mills BPS. It had a center rod locker and a couple of seats. It was paired with a 40 hp 4 cyl. for something in the $11,000 range I believe. No trim/tilt up front, but it did seem like a decent amount of storage, under the seats, and on the back deck. Also, the deck went all the way to the console (or closer then before?) so it was a nice sized deck. If I hadn't decided that my growing family needs a fish ski in the next little while I think I would be looking at this boat.

Ethan - I must have missed or forgotten about your post. I keep looking, to no avail thus far, to seeing them put or offer the 2nd console as an option on the 17-19ft (someone said they saw a PT 190) aluminium bass boats! Maybe if they do this year or next, and when they are 3-4 years old i'll trade back from Glass to Aluminium!! Or if one of the folks with the DC Avalanche makes me an offer I can't refuse!! LOL

Wow, so what you are saying Trep is that this glass boat of yours is just a little bump in the road of you tin life?

I too would be interested in hearing more about this PT 190, I remember someone mentioning it also. Do you know if the new PT 175 you saw had the same 25 hp Merc on it or have they changed the base motor also? I wonder when the new catalogs and websites will be rolled out? I have noticed that Pro Craft is already showing some of their new boats on line along with Fisher ... so I would think that Tracker/Nitro wouldn't be far behind....Okay, here is where I have to admit that I'm a boat catalog junkie :rolleyes:

Ethan - I didn't notice the motor, but over the years i've seen Tracker/Nitro boats on the showroom floor with everything from the base motor, to less and also to the Max HP. So if the one you saw had a 40 on it, you'd still need to check the brochure (which are not out yet) or the floor tag, to see if that specific boat is just sitting with an upgraded (at a price always) motor.

I'm also a catalog junkie, the bathroom in our bedroom has a magazine rack my wife bought years ago, its filled with BPS, Cabelas, Overtons and BoatersWorld catalogs, not to mention BassMasters, Trailer Boats and other fishing magazines!!!

Trep,

no new info from "Deep Boat".??

I'd like to see a pt-190 with a 150 on it.......in my driveway:wub:

Steve

Tracker is right by the fishing department at BPS and I talk to a lot of those guys. There are some cool changes for 2006 on the Nitro 9 series.

The hull will remain the same. At the console it will have a regular unit and not a flasher. It will be built into the dash. The recess for the trolling motor pedal will be bigger so it can accomodate the Minn Kota foot pedal for their trolling motors.

Only optimax, verado, and XS will be offered on any of the boats, no EFI or carbs.

As for tracker they have a Pro Team 190. Its 18'11". Its a cool boat. Its rated for a 135 so it will fly pretty good.

BJ

If tracker had a boat out in the pt series that could handle a 150 i might have bought that instead of the g3.

mike:eek:

I saw the PT 190 at BPS in Cinci but, really all it is a just a tad bigger version of the 185. No difference in the hull at all but, a 90" beam but still only about 60" across the bottom.

Wasn't impressed with the welds at all...very, very poor.

My 02' 185 has good welds...you could actually see contaminents in the welds on this particular 190.

Of course you can only go 4 stroke or Opti now which I think was right around 19K for a 135 on the back...which BTW is MAX! What? can't put a 150 on it ?

Nitro was changing to digital switching on the dash also, Is tracker going change there switches.

DSC00233.JPG

I doubt it and I think there's wood still in the decks on the Mod V's

i have a 2006 911, a pic is in my folder, at least, the pink slip says '06

and it is an '06 verado...... it is pretty sweet :wub:

Back