Anxious ain't the word!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Man, I am so raring to go it isn't even funny. I've respooled all my reels, cleaned the rods, organized my tackle, gone over my boat totally, then gone over it again, checked my battery fluid levels, changed the lower unit lube, greased my bearings on the trailer, totally cleaned the boat, buffed the hull, cleaned the prop, ordered my new Max Pro trolling motor, and STILL the opener won't get here fast enough! LOL

Yesterday was day 1 of the first northeastern Everstart on Lake Kerr. I really wanted to fish it, but I can only afford to fish the Potomac and Champlain this year. But looking at the field in the NE division, all the big boys keep jumping down to fish them. To most the list would look intimidating, but not to me, I just want to fish! Here are some names I will have to hold my own against this year:

Andy Morgan (big fish magician)

Bob Plemmons (friend)

Rob Pearson (friend)

John Sappington (hello....former FLW champion)

Wesley Strader (former winner and great stick)

Joel Richardson (another former winner and friend)

Craig Powers (always a contender)

Koby Krieger (former winner and Everstart champion)

Pete Gluszek (currently leading Kerr and big in the NE)

Allen Cauthen (won 2 years ago)

Dave Lefebre (been on a hot streak for YEARS now)

Clark Wendlandt (hello...Mr FLW himself)

Bill Chapman (consistently up there)

Art Ferguson (another MI boy who's always making the cut)

Mark Zone (yep ANOTHER MI guy.....the Z man!)

JT Kenney (Mr flipper and former FLW winner)

Charley Hartley (always in the hunt in FLW or Everstarts)

Chris Elliot (former FLW winner)

Chris Daves (Woo's son...nuf said)

All these guys are FLW and/or BASS pros. Talk about cutting your teeth with the big dogs. But going away to the Potomac this year, fishing water I've NEVER fished before with a very limited amount of time to prefish.....if I do well, then I will KNOW I have what it takes to compete against these fellas at the next level too.

I'd like to fish the BASS northern open on Champlain this year but with a Ranger rather than a Triton, my chances of even getting in are slim and none...and slim left town. LOL

Anyhow, to all you fellow tourney anglers....go luck this year, tear it up.

Just remember Rob, you aren't fishing against them it's between you and the fish nothing else matters. If you can figure out what the fish are doing under that days current conditions then everything else will fall in to place.:)

No Tee, not yet. But I called FLW yesterday and surprisingly, the field isn't even full yet. That blew me away. So I should be able to get in. I'm putting in for it anyhow without the non boater next week.

As for the Everstarts, non boaters don't matter in entry. There is no guaranteed entry unless you've qualified.

Jim,

I know that, I just like the competition. Once I get out there....it's just me and those pesky, finicky biters. I 've just been aching to test my worth on the circuit against the big dogs and suddenly realized that I have been in the Everstarts. Last year when I pulled up to beach my boat, I had Clark Wendlandt on one side of me and Art Ferguson on the other. I've gotten to know Clark a little and we chatted. 5 years ago, I would have never thought that would be the case right now. I'm just anxious to get the season under way.

Be sure to get those baits I told you about for opening weekend. And on either of those days, watch out for either me and Kenny or me and Buzz, cause we ARE going to be in that area, and I wouldn't have to run you off! LOL

There's enough fish there for a whole field, but don't let that get out.

Who'd a thunk that 5 lb smallies would be in 80 feet of water in June out in the middle of the lake near a ferry crossing????? LOL (Lil diversion for my internet reading competition)

LOL

Rob they will let you in with a Ranger, the let me in with a Champion... I don't think they will have a full field for Champlain? I could be wrong but upping the field to 200 when last year in VA for the final Open they did not have a full field of 150 and had to call guys in just to make the 135? It's only 6 weeks to the First Open in Sandusky and I can't wait........

BF

Back