another view from yesterday

• Thread starter Ken Sabin [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/897
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Sabin

Reaction score
Bear with me on these posts, Im new to posting pictures and I am not real good with computers anyway!!
oops2.JPG

Ouch! Do you think the insurance company is gonna give you a rough way to go? It's not like the boat ran into the car. Hope everything goes well for you.

Ken

I was the teacher mentor for our Vocational Autobody Instructor when he came on board here to teach. I worked with him everday for two years. One thing he confided to me was he'd never own a vehicle that was bent. Even if he fixed it himself. Then he went on to explain.

Almost everything hit severly by another moving vehcile usually substains damage far deeper than comestic issues. Bolts are sprung, metal weakened, electrical connections broken or weakened. Structional elements are brought to the point that a little more stress will cause failure. All this out of sight of the casual viewer.

You have no idea what happened inside the boat. Livewell plumbing cracked or livewells just waiting for a rough day to start leaking. He had to really smack it to knock it that askew.

If it was me. I'd ask for a new boat or to be sent to the factory to be inspected with a fine tooth comb. He hit you so get your agent on your side.

I hope I'm wrong and wish you the best of luck on this, but you need to make this right now not five years from now when it starts to unravel.

Good luck

fatrap

OW My GAWD!!! Ken - I'm crying in my juice at these pictures. Poor Tundra!!! First VERY glad NO ONE in your family was in, on or near that boat when this happened. Second, I agree with others about NOT fixing something like this just to get the insurance company off your back quick. Get a professional marine survey and inspection, and get a new boat!

If that was my Boat, there would be a Police chalk line of where the guy would have ended up at after I got a hold of him!!!

Max <><

Back