Another ladder question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Barbieri

Reaction score
How do I get at the lower transom to through bolt the lower bolt(s). My 2001 Deep V17 is a little different than Dave's 2000. If I go through the battery compartment there is a metal shield blocking access. Does anyone know how to remove this? It appears to be either riveted or that I'd need an allen wrench or something to remove it??? Anyone know??? IT'S NEVER EASY IS IT!!! :)

I have the same boat
Picture 019-2.jpg

nice. now that's not what I wanted to hear! :) called a dealer. May have to drill out the rivets to get that metal panel out of there.

If there is nothing like a gas tank behind the transom wall, why not just use the (I think they are called Molly screws) ones that you push thru (like drywall) and when you screw them down the expand behind the wall to make a tight permanent seal? Then you'd just have to drill THRU the transom, coat the hole with a good marine sealer, mount the ladder with the screws and seal the edges?

Any transom guru's know what this wouldn't work (it's just an idea)??

I think if you take out the rear deck where (screws) you can get around that panel and everthing else back there ... I do know that when I had the boat at the dealer the last time for loose rivets they replaced the screw with larger ones and I can now see where they are.

I don't know which scares me more; drilling holes in my transom myself or taking it to Bass Pro to have them do it. [:>0

Harpo

just got the ladder today and it looks like 3 of the 4 bolts are accessable. The lower one wouldn't be. Now wondering if through bolting 3 of the 4 would do?

There is an old saying .... if it has 4 bolt holes .... it takes 4 bolts!

if you only put in the 3 bolts the ladder will only be supported at the top and only one bottom corner ... after a while the weight of people steping on the ladder will cause it pull on the side that doesn't have the bolt in the bottom causing the top to bend

Boys and Girls...

I gave up on the folded ladder (Magna 19 with a similar transom design) and put on on the top cap that folds in half but is removeable. Overtons sells a 36" and a 48" "hook ladder".

Dewey -

Thanks for putting up the picture of your rig. The 2001 is definetly different in the back than my 2000. I don't know how the back end is put together on yours or Kevin's.

david....

Back