Another Iowa Bass Pro

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
I can't believe it but Iowa is getting another Bass Pro Outdoor world. This one will be a superstore in Altoona, IA. I heard a rumor a while ago but the manager of our Store in Council Bluffs said "no Way". Again this store will be on the crossroads of I80 and I 35. Now if we could just get the Iowa DNR(Do Nothing for Resources) to improve the fishing we'd be in fine shape.

fatrap

My kids in Des Moines told me that over the holidays. IA DNR won't give a hoot about bass until bass start swimming in cornfields or start relating to fencelines.

Marty

Unfortunately that's about right. Over here we also get a huge amount of Nebraska fisherman. With them and us all trying to get our boats wet you have to get there early sometimes to get a parking spot.

fatrap:(

Well then fatrap, you'll have to drive down here, hop and my boat, and we'll fish some MO or KS big water or some very productive small waters. I also know a couple nice small lakes mid-way between us.

Make no mistake, I would assume BPS is in IA for the hunters more than the fishermen. Both markets are ideal but usually one over the other. Then add saltwater to the mix and you have Virginia!! We are slated for another store in Richmond, VA.

TOXIC

Fatrap, has the opening of Cabela's hurt your business any? I visited the Cabelas while I was there. My little brother got a job with the call center in Lincoln so we were using his discount. :D

Teri

Cabelas hasn't hurt us too bad if at all. We beat last years sales at our store. The customer service at the La Vista Cabelas is reported to be poor. This comes from customers that come across the river to Iowa and buy here. I've been to the LaVista store and noticed that the service was a little slack by our standards but in defense of Cabelas I was at the Bass Pro Orlando store over christmas and heads would have rolled if that would have been our store.

Right now business is slack everywhere. Were having a boat show and not many people are showing up to look. We have some great deals on last years boats too. When we have our fishing classic we'll fill the place for a week. What we need is some of the big time luminaries like Toxic and Mac to really get it cooking.

Mike

fatrap:D

I think you both ought to lobby for an Iowa visit. I know Tox was just here but Mac I don't think has ever made it to the tall corn state. We can't be all bad look what we did to Hell er rey. We made her cry "almost".:lol::lol::lol:

fatrap

We were suppose to get one at the Mall of America But as of yet I don't see any building going on !! I hope it gets built before I have to move south somewhere ,anywere .

When is the Grand Opening for that new Iowa store? We could make that one if timing is right.