another day, another boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendell Little

Reaction score
Found another boat yesterday, looked at it again today. It's a 98 Javelin 389SD w/150 Evinrude Intruder. SS prop, Guest charger, Evinrude(?) 24v tm, hotfoot. Been sitting since last summer. Story I was told, fellow was with his buddies and beached it on a sand bar, used the motor to pull it off, sucked sand/gravel and ate the water pump which led to a big repair bill. Dealer rebuilt the motor ($5000+) and the wife says it's got to go will not let him bring the boat home. Supposedly I can have it at the payoff of $10,700 (NADA avg 13k+). Dealer claims he's not making anything off it/yadda-yadda. Apologize for the long post but I value the opinions expressed on this site and welcome any and all comments. I may not be young, but I'm still dumb. This will be my first boat. Whaddaya think and how do you inspect the glass hull??? Thanks, Wendell

I agree....skip it. For that kind of $$$.....look at a new tracker...you won't go wrong that way.

Lamar

Wednell have been thinking about selling the boat all this weekend. If you wanna talk about it call me (I will send you and email) and we will discuss it. Iam going to be pretty busy most of the summer and its going to be hard for me it use it enough. Its a nice boat with nothing wrong at all and it would make a perfect starter boat for ya! Give me a shout if your still interested.

Donnie

Back