Another Crappie day on St. Clair

• Thread starter Marke Cicero [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marke Cicero

Reaction score
Mac, Mini & I hit St. Clair again yesterday. We tried for smallies in the morning but the wind was blowing like crazy and the lake was a mess. We managed to get 3 decent smallies in the boat and Mac lost a nice walleye right at the boat. That walleye would have a nice addition to the Camp Neeley menu next weekend.

After being tossed around in the wind all morning we decided to hide in some canals and see if could get some Crappie for next weekend. All I can say is....

"Ken, heat up the frier!!"

Mini Crappie 1.JPG

Ah, you make me sick. I got skunked this weekend!

It's good to be KING!!!...hahahha...Mac Daddy had to take his boys out and show'em how to do it again,...it's all in the cookies though.....when Jill bakes....the world is a MUCH better place!! If I was President, Mini, Marke and Jill would be living in the White House,...Mini would be in charge of Presidential Fishing Trips and Jill could attain world peace through baking.....that woman is gifted!!

Marke would be the official W/H Photographer,..smile Mini!!

LOL

Mac

Had a great time....too bad the south shore was "chewed up" so bad. I know we could have stcuk some good smallies.

The 26 mile boat run to the crappie was worth it though.

Hey Marke, did you go back out on Sunday? I saw a oat that looked like yours in the back of Metro.....

Mini

It wasn't me Mini. I took the boys hiking and then we carved Jack-O-Lanterns.

How big was the motor? Maybe it was Smitty.

It was pretty far away.....but it was a TV18, not sure about the motor size....

We got a few more in the 14" class on Sunday. They bit better Sunday.

Mini

Hm-m-m-m-m.......... I was gonna get someone to cater a barbeque for the Saturday night dinner at the rally next year..... But..... If we can get Marke, Mac and Mini to come down to do some crappie fishin'..... And Neeley to hunt up some morels..... And Jill to come along with her skillet..........

me!

I keep telling the wife there are alot of crappie reasons to go to St. Clair...in addition to the great fish!

Now she believes me.

Now I jsut have to figure out when/how to make the run...obviously will need a place to stay for a nite or 3. Any suggestions? Rates?

Even held straight out toward the camera, that's SOME slabs. They could eat the ones I cleaned and took home yesterday. But I was using small minnows so I only caught small crappie.

Fatrap

simnitro....email me when you are getting ready to leave....

Mini

Back