Anchormate on PT 185?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thad Fineran

Reaction score
Has anyone mounted an Anchormate on the front or back of a PT185 (2002 model)? It has angled rear corners and the front mounting point doesn't look very easy to make a clean installation...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Thad

Thad - I've got the Stainless anchor mate on my 2000 PC 175 mounted just oposite of the trolling motor on the front deck. It works GREAT!!! Ask Rich Stern, we anchored on a few spots cranking in the Trout this summer! There is enough room between the Trolling motor and the anchor mate to walke on shore dock. With the 185 it's 10 inches wider then my 175 you should have no problem.

Trep

Thanks, Trep...

You think you could email a picture? I'm still wondering how I'm gonna route the anchorline, etc.

thanks again,

Thad

Thad, I've got a 1998 PT 175 with anchor mates.

I've changed the trolling motor but you can get an idea of how mine are run both front and back.

Go to my library and and look at dcs00035 and dcs00041.

Good luck.

Thad - I'll try to get a pic up in the next day. I'll post this to the top when it's up and in my library.

Trep

Here you go - I know, the boat is DIRTY!!! Been too busy to clean her or get her on the water this month :-(

Thad- This is how/where BPS installed it when I ordered from then new. Has worked GREAT!!!

Trep
anchor.jpg

Thanks again, Trep. Richard, how'd you mount that front line spool? I'd like to keep it off the front deck but don't have room unless I can get it on the rail like you have it.

That's about what I'd figured, but wanted to see if anyone else had tried different locations. I think there should be plenty of room on the front deck and still room for a depthfinder later.

Thad

Two right angle bends in some sheet aluminum.

Mount the reel to fat part. Pop rivet the bracket to the gunwale and screw to other end to the deck.

I can get you some close measurments and close up pics if you want them. YOu can just see the bracket in dcs00041 just to the right of the front seat.

Trep, Whats that doohinkie strap on your trolling motor?? Never thought I'd see your boat dirty like that!!! LOL

Samn - The big strap in the middle of the shaft or the black cable going up the shaft? The big strap is trolling motor tie-down strap so it stays down during trailing and running down the lake, came installed with the boat/motor. The black cable is my Eagle transducer cable.

I never thought i see her that DIRTY either! Haven't had her out of the garage since my birthday (Sept. 7th) due to work, Eli's birthday, a new job (promotion with/in IBM) and the new house! Was hoping to get her out this weekend but will have to watch the cold front and the weather.

I know it might not hit 70!! Time for the Parka!!

OK Rob - Hit me!! LOL

Back