American Serviceman Tribute

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Heintzman

Reaction score
Hey Fellas, I got this in my email today and wanted to share it with you, since I know this site is filled with fine Americans, fellow service members and family of those serving in our forces. I haven't been in Iraq since 05', but have many comrades still there and more set to return. I believe I'll retire before my number comes up again but still keep all those men and women close to my heart. Ya'll have a great American Day!

Soldier Statue.bmp
Soldier Statue.bmp

This statue currently stands outside the Iraqi palace, now home to the 4th Infantry division. It will eventually be shipped home and put in the memorial museum in Fort Hood, TX. The statue was created by an Iraqi artist named Kalat, who for years was forced by Saddam Hussein to make the many hundreds of bronze busts of Saddam that dotted Baghdad. Kalat was so grateful for the Americans liberation of his country; He melted 3 of the heads of the fallen Saddam and made the statue as a memorial to the American soldiers and their fallen warriors. Kalat worked on this memorial night and day for several months. To the left of the kneeling soldier is a small Iraqi girl giving the soldier comfort as he mourns the loss of his comrade in arms.

Do you know why we don't hear about this in the news? Because it is heart warming and praise worthy. The media avoids it because it does not have the shock effect.

DAMN MEDIA!:angry:

I can't stand to watch ANY of the nightly national newscasts because they are so slanted to the left. If one comes on my TV I make a dash to the remote to change the channel. Thay can't say one good thing about our soldiers! Love the statue and to he!! with the media!

Whew, I need to go take a blood pressure pill now.:)

Latest posts

Back