ALWAY...ALWAYS wear eye protection!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Just a little tip for you all. Whenever you use ANY gas powered tools or power tools in general, wear eye protection. I wear my solar Bat fishing glasses. They wrap around nicely and are shatter resistant (per the package). Well, they saved my eye yesterday. I was doing some yard work with my, on it's last leg, 30+ year old, chainsaw. It's really been acting up lately, but I keep it alive...barely. Anyhow, I started it and the recoil hung out about 4-5 inches while it was running. So I gave the saw a little shake.....in a nano second, it grabbed and recoiled so hard that it ripped the cord out of the handle and shot the handle at my face at a speed, that I couldn't even SEE it. I would not have had time to even close my eye or blink. The handle hit me in the upper check and bounced up and off my glasses. It hit my cheek bone so hard that it split the skin. Had I not had my glasses on, there is no doubt I would have lost my eye. So remember that next time you use ANYTHING gas operated or a powertool. It's not always YOU that can be the problem.

Good poit Rob. I still have a burst blood vessel in my eye from a rock while using a weed eater accident 10 years ago.

ALSO do the smae on the lake when the big motor is running. A bee, fly, mayfly, whatever hurts at 30+ MPH. I was hit with a mayfly a few years back @ 45 and darn near lost control.....

Mini

That's why I always keep extra pairs in the glove box. Clients always show up without them. They can't figure out why on cloudy days or in the rain, I still wear shades. Ever taken a teaspoon sized (that's what it felt like) raindrop in the eye at 50 mph??? Or like Mini says...a bug? That will ruin your day quick. You can always get other parts of your body to heal, but you only have 2 eyes!

A friend of mine caught a red wasp in the eye while riding a motorcycle at about 40mph. He fell off the back and the bike ended up on the front porch of a house.

Harpo

Back