aluminum hull

• Thread starter doug bronnenberg
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have a 89' tx17, which takes on water over a several hour period. It rises an inch or two into the floor above the drain. Found stress cracks on bottom and repaired but still have a few rivets leaking, I dont think that is enough to create current problem. I have trailered the boat and filled with water only shows signs of dripping water from rivets. Has anyone had similar problems. Totally stumped::wacko:

My 94 Pro Team was leaking so bad I had to finally trade it on a new welded version.

The mod v riveted versions from years back are not that strong and get daylights beat out of the rivets. My 94 twisted and flexed more than any boat I've ever been in.

I got lucky because the dealer still gave me a pretty good trade in :D

The rivets are hard to fix unless you take the deck off and replace em' all...

I had the exact problem with my 1996 pt 175. i solved it by installing a float switch on the bilge. it would automaticlly pump the water out before it got the floor wet. i used it for 2 years like that before i sold it and it still works. email me if you want peticulars on how i set mine up.

mike

Back