Almost forgot-carp fishing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
I almost forgot to post this...

When doing my demo the other day none of the fish in the tank bit, not a huge surprise, they told me not to expect anything to bite.

I did have one fish roll up on a fluke.....I immediatly thought about Harpo because it was a 10 pound carp we have in the tank!!!

So....Harpo you could have saved your money on that $15 lucky craft and bought a bag of Zoom Flukes to go carp fishing with! ;)

....my favorite carp bait is mulberrys!

...of course you have to find a mulberry tree that hangs over the water...

put one on a small hook...toss it in, and HOLD ON!!!

az

CJL- its probably a combination of things. Every once in a while if you throw a suspending jerkbait or shake a jig or tube on the bottome you'll get one to bite. They had a clogged filter or something and some of the fish died so there isnt as much competition left in the tank. They also feed those fish regularly and there are bluegill swimming around in the tank (left over food). Every once in a while when walking by the tank I'll see a fish chase a bluegill...really cool to watch.

I watched a demo at the BPS in Houston and the guy was throwing several differnet lures.....jerk baits, a crank bait, and a couple of other things....the fish didn't even flinch when they saw the baits go by.....not until he threw out a senko rigged wacky.....those fish where literally fighting over that bait......two to three would start to chase it one would get it and the guy would pull it out of the fishes mouth and then there would be another fight to see who was going to get it again.......he kept trying to let people see how it sank in the water and the fish would never gave him the chance to work the bait....they would suck it up on the fall.

It was pretty cool....I bet those sold alot of senko's that day....:lol:

I watched a tank demo earlier this year and he showed all types of lures and every once in a while a fish would go after the lure. Then he pitched a jig and let it sort of fall on an angle and pretty much the same response. Then the same jig pitched in and let fall completely vertical and most of the bass in the tank woke up. The senko falling vertical got them going too.

I wish I had a tank like that to play in.

That was a big step getting up there and giving that. Most people would run from talking to a group of people. Good Job. Clark

Clark,

So when he pitched the jig and pulled that extra foot or so out and let it fall straight down, it triggerred the bass?

I always questioned if that tactic is needed. I would have liked to see that for myself.

CJL

That was his point about pitching is making sure you don't let the slack of your slick actually pull the jig at angle. Made me a believer. They all didn't run and fight over it or anything but it made them stand up and pay attention. There were groups of bass that didn't move for anything but. Then several started to prowl.

They told me that the fish will usually bite a black and blue Kinami senko... I just kind of threw the baits that they told me too and I was comfortable with, there was a senko tied on. I'll give it a try tho!

Back