Almost bragging

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamar Gilbert

Reaction score
OK guys, my cousin from good ole Alabama flew in last Sat. night. We hit the water first light Sunday morning and have fished six solid days when the wind would let us. Final count for the week is 402 bass. Largest LMB 6-3, largest smallie....4-12. Show me anywhere else in the US of A That can be done. Only in Maine. Think I will ever go back to Alabama??

Where are you fishing Lamar? (I'm not in Maine anymore so no worries about invading your waters):D

Lamar last year I was asked by a land owner to fish out the litte bass from his small 25 acre lake so that he could reconstruct it with larger bass and hybrid gills ect... Well I fished this lake for 7 hours, i personally caught over 200 bass with 6 of those being over 7 pounds! I could litterally keep the boat in one location and catch 25 to 30 bass. Even though the lake was only 25 acres I never did fish the whole thing!

Great fishing can be found in some of the most inconspicuous places, even in Michigan!

Also If the Michigan contingent chimes in they will tell you to come to St. Clair and they will most likely double that catch!

Randy

Lamar - sounds like you are having a great time. I used to go up to Kezar Lake and would catch so many smallmouth I'd end up going to Sebago Lake for deep lake trout. No doubt that Maine is one of the best places to fish. When I get ready to retire, we are going to sell our homes in MA and VA and buy a summer home in Maine near Kezar Lake or in the Adirondacks near Lake Champlain and a winter home in NC or SC so we can go back and forth with the seasons.

For now, with gas prices so high, I get my fix for smallies in NH and for largemouth, pretty much anywhere in MA. I'm going to go out right now, less than 3 miles from my house.

I finally made it to Lake Winnisquam last sunday and my friend's son caught his first smallmouth ever. I think he's hooked!

Lake Winnisqaum June 8 2008 Photo 3a.jpg

Anyway, keep having fun up there in Maine. Hopefully, if I make it to retirement and we are both around, I'll see you on one of the lakes there!

Bill, the MadKayaker

A little lake I fish is loaded with Largemouths and Smallmouths! I caught a 6-2 smallie and a 7-4 largemouth from it. I caught a 6-0 LM and a 5-15 SM in a tournament and had a 22+ lb bag for the day. Not bad for a 250 acre lake.

Good Fishin'

Tim

Latest posts

Back