Almost $60,000

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Bell2

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the new Bass & Walleye Mag. There is an artical on this years Bassmasters Boat. Triton TX21 with 250 Verado, the price for this rig is almost at $60,000. Thats, allot of $$$ for a bass boat.

You could buy a 929 with 225 Opti and still have about 25K left over for a 901 with 150 XR6.

Other things to do with $60,000:

1. Take a year or two off.

2. Buy a dozen good used cars.

3. Send a kid to college for four years (two years for Ivy League).

4. Buy three $20,000 boats and give two to your best friends.

5. Invest in high dividend yield stock funds and get $500/month for the rest of your life.

6. Buy a condo.

7. Take everyone in your town to see Spiderman 2.

8. See Spiderman 2 alone. 10,000 times.

Among many other things.

If you make your living from the front deck of a bass boat, I have no problem with a $60,000 bass boat. For the rest of us, $25,000 will net a top-of-the-line, two year old boat that won't depreciate $15,000 as soon as you hitch it to your truck.

Hey Rich, got any tips for fellow board members on high dividend yield stock funds that pay $500/month for the rest of your life. :)

9.Play 60,000 hands of three card pisser.......

(if you lose them all like me)

I told my Wife that if I was a Multi Millionaire that I would not buy a $5,000 road bike (She is into cycling and is trying to get me into it) but I would pay the $60,000 for that Triton!! Just depends on what you like to do. She just looked at me just like she does everytime I talk about spendy Bass Boats. Mine is all paid off is the best way to look at it now.

Max <><

Sure, Brian. I'll tell you where to look, but diverting $60K from your boat purchase to the stock market is your challenge. :)

This is not rocket science or secret formula investing.

There are dozens of high yield stocks at 10% dividend or better, that are effectively "mini mutuals." Check out the link below. It's Yahoo's stock screener, set to show stocks paying dividens of 10% or more. Some of the stocks are very risk (foreign industry, oil/energy stocks, etc.). But in the list you will find quite a few American investment capital companies that are effectively like mini-mutual funds. ACAS is a good example.

Any individual stock carries significant risk. The trick is to diversify.

P.S. Ignore the penny stocks with the huge dividend yields. The yields are huge because the calculation is based on the last dividend paid. Chances are, such stocks will never pay a dividend again. When you look at companies with a thought toward long term dividends, you need to research the long-term stability of the company.
http://screen.yahoo.com/b?dvymin=10&vw=1&db=stocks

Back