Air Suspension Drivers Seat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marvin S

Reaction score
I remember several years ago I heard the goverment was going to try the air suspension driver seat pedestals on police boats. The type they use in large trucks. The plan was to reduce fatigue and back injuries after being on boats every day. I never heard anything else about it.

You think, maybe while crossing some large waves, a policeman got launched out of his seat or maybe even out of his boat. Anybody that has drove large trucks off road, knows what I am talking about. Smoother ride but, it is known to launch you into the headboard without using the seat belts.

just curious if anybody has heard about this?

Marvin

The SRS seats in Ranger's are not "air ride" seats,..they have springs and extra support molded into the foam cushions and they make a world of difference!! MUCH better than the old style seats. Traditional air ride seats like you're thinking of are very heavy and bulky...i've heard that they're available on some walleye boats but they're not widely used because of the weight and expense. The SRS seats in my last 520 were awesome though,..and they're only available on the "Comanche" series.....they are sweeeet though!!!

Anyone thought of trying to order replacement seats from Ranger (or another mfg.), and retrofitting them to existing boats?

Tex

I have heard the Fishing Edition 21 Tundra comes with the Attwood Centric SAS suspensions seats--They are seats with an internal coil system that takes much of the shock out of a hard waves.. There is another seat "Glyde Rydes".

Have not seen these but I've heard they are high$$ seat..

Good Luck---------Haledamage

Back