aerator / recirculator Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny Guess

Reaction score
OK, Correct me if I am wrong. The aerator and recirculator are basically the same except that the aerator brings in fresh water. Both add oxygen to the livewell by moving the water around. But since the aerator brings in cooler water on hot days, it keeps fish alive better. And should you hear the bilgepump when you hit the switch or will it only work when there is water in the bilge area? I noticed when I hit the switch the red light came on and then went off, could there be a bad connection or should the light stay on when you press the switch? Thanks, Kenny g.

With regard to the bilge pump if you flip the switch and the power light is lit, it should run regardless of whether there is any water to pump out. But you don't want to run it with out water to pump.

HP

HP, Yes, I know but for some reason my unit is not staying on; it seems to come on and off. Will have to check out the connection. thanks, kenny

How old is the pump? It could be time for a replacement. I was having a similar problem and a new pump did the trick.

HP

The rig is a 2004 and I truly don't think the original owner ever used the pump and I have not either so I don't think its bad. Might just be a connection problem. Plan to check it today when I get home. Will let you know. Thanks, Kenny

Is it maybe an auto bilge pump? if so it will only come on if there is water to pump.

I plan to put some water in the bilge to see what it does......kenny g.

You said to correct you if you were wrong. And you wern't wrong.

Recirculation works better when you are up and running. you can't pull water from the lake when you are up on the pad. Also if you are using any live well chemicals. Recirculating will keep it in the live wells.

I have 8 switches for 2 livewells!!:eek::p I will tell you this....If I put fish in my wells and set it to auto and re-circulate, they come out healthier than they went in, you have to drain it to catch them at weigh-in.

I had 35 crappie in 1 well yesterday, all-day, and I thought I was gona have to get a net to get thm out. I opened the lid and they were shooting out like popcorn:lol:

TOXIC

Back