Advice on cleaning Aluminum that has been used in SaltWater

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Glaser

Reaction score

I recently purchased a ProTeam 175xt that was used in Saltwater. Can anyone recommend a technique or "Product" that can bring back that Aluminum shine?

Thanks in advance.

Great Site !!!!

Woody

Woody, Go to WallyWorld or K-Mart and get some Castrol cleaner. It's in a big purple bottle.

Read the directions about cutting it with water. I don't remember what it said but I cut it about 1/2 to 1/2. To make things easier for me I then put it in a sprayer and sprayed the cleaner on pretty heavily. I forget how long I left it on but the directions will tell you. Anyway, get the hose and rinse it off very good. When you think you have rinsed it off enough do it again. If you don't you will have white like streaks on the hull of the boat. You would also probably do a better job if you wiped it on instead of spraying it on. Wear rubber gloves if you do this. This will not bring back the original shine but it will get it clean as far as scum lines and such and then if you to try and polish the boat you'll be ready.

That's the only advice I have Woody. Personally, I gave up trying to keep mine shiny a long time ago.:rolleyes: I used to have a 1956 Chevrolet Nomad that I used to spend 5 or 6 hours every Saturday detailing so I could show it on Sunday. When I sold that I said, "never again."

Now I kep my boat fairly well clean but I'm not a maniac about it.

Uncle Billy

Thanks Billy !!!

After trying to contact the "Man" or Mr Tee via email and not receiving a response...

I thought I might try again assuming some people might have thought I had gotten a reply "off the board". Billy's is the first direct reply after searching the archives...Thanks Again

Thanks for your input Toxic.

Regards,

Woody

Woody,

For future reference, a simplle addition to your original thread of "ttt" (to the top) will bring the post back to the top of the threads (the way most here have their prefrences set) and that way you do not have to do another post. How's that for input?

TOXIC

"How's that for input?"

Excellent advice...Thank You

Now here is a question for you? Does it help or can you put a Keelshield on an Aluminum hull?

I would be asking about a 2001 Pro 175xt.

Thanks in advance,

Woody

Woody, Tee may be out of town.. I'm sure your e-mail will be waiting for him when he gets back.

Have you looked at his member library and seen his boat?

Uncle Billy

Billy...YES I HAVE...I plan on putting in the elbow grease

I have 5-8 weeks for the TrailStar Trailer :).

Thanks Again and until then my 14' Jonboat will have to suffice

Toxic...You read it correctly. The response was to your original reply. I always welcome positive reinforcement as a rule in life.

Thanks again for sharing the tip...That was much appreciated !!!!

Thanks Again,

Woody

Back