Adding extra swivel-eze base in PT175

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Newman

Reaction score
I am thinking about adding an additional pin seat mount on the main floor area of my 2003 PT175. Periodically I have either my two daughters or other fishermen with me and it might be nice to have the extra seat for them to sit once in awhile. Especially if crappie/bluegill fishing. I pulled out the floor drain cover and can mount the pin plate there and use an offset seat pole or drill another hole further forward and slightly off center and use a normal pole. Anybody done/thought about this and if so what are the +/-'s. also because I cannot get access to the back side of the boat bottom I will be attaching with SS screws vs bolts. Anybody see issues with the screws vs bolts?

Im no mechanical engineer, but it seems to me that sheet metal screws wont hold very well. Nuts bolts and big "body" wahsers are probably better, if you can get to the under side.

Just my .02

wood screws will rip out sooner or later//// your best bet would be to use blinds nuts also called T nuts. I dont have a pic of them but once you buy/see them you'll easily figure them out

I added a new mount a few inches in front of my other mount on the front deck of my boat so I could leave mt post in and drop my seat in the other mount while moving from spot to spot, anyway I used 6 #14 stainless steel screws that I bought at ace harware these were the largest I could find and it is really solid( had to use a hole saw to make a opening so the mount would set flush) I also pre drilled the holes with a small bit dont remember what size but I couldnt hardly get my 18volt drill to drive them in otherwise.

Thanks for the input. I never thought about stainless versions of toggle bolts. that would probably be what I will use if I do this mod. Did a mock up last night and decided that if I do it then I will not use the floor drain hole, but rather cut another one. Can't seem to get past having the plate out in the middle of the floor.

Back