Abu Garcia

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
BPS Clearance price $49.99 reg. 99.99

Looks like a decent reel. Ordering something tonight!

The popular award-winner, reengineered for 2003 to make it the best casting, easiest handling reel out there. Its UltraCast

Ok....I think I must be getting annoying. I'll give you guys a break for awhile.

Teri -

I've never tried one, but I've heard the same as JR just stated. (Sorry ChamP176)

I have heard that the new reel they are replacing it with is quite good though.....

Have you ever considered the Curado? :)

Teri, the guys are right. The abu eon had a terrible reputation for the couple of years they made them. I heard of many failures withthe gear system on them. I will put in a third vote on the curado, I have used them all over the years, and i not own 7 curado reels. The reason i have so many, they just work and work well. They are simple from a features standpoint but they cast well and are extremely durable. When i owned quantums i was replacing them about everty 2 to 3 years because they would get all loose and not cast well. My oldest curado is now going on 6 years and still works as well as the day it came out of the box.

Those reels are TRASH!!! I wouldn't pay $1.00 for them..Trust me I got ripped off....LA

OK, never fear...I'm not getting it! I have made my decision on which reel to buy....and it's not a Curado but it costs about the same.

Teri,

I too was warned about those reels from an Abu Pro Staff guy... LOL

Abu Rules... Minus that reel, Get a C3, C4, C5 if you want a low profile abu get the TORNO it outcasts my curado every time! It is a better reel when I measure the run out on spool; The spool on the curado is off by 5 thousands of an inch while the torno or C3, C4, C5 is only off by 2 thousands of an inch. That impressive for a cheaper reels $$$

X

She's getting even with us.....

Keeping us in suspense.....

Not gonna tell us what she ordered.....

OH NO, Teri! Not THAT one!

(ROFL!!)

Back