A60 Breakaway Cable replacement

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PETE SZULC

Reaction score
Hi I need to replace my breakaway cable. The cable rusted and broke off . Can anyone guide me thru the process . How do I pull the assembly out to get to the cable assembly .. Its a 2001 Nitro trailer and it seems like the swing a way pin has a bushing welded? in the tongue and it is the way to pull out the coupler assembly out the back of the tongue ... Any advise or where to find info would helpful Thanks

Attachments

• Boat Tongue.jpg
    Boat Tongue.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 35
You need to take off the c rings on the two pins, then tap out the pins. The assembly can be pulled forward. You will need to detach the brake line to the solenoid before hand. On my 2002, I couldn't get one of the pins out. There are some videos on YouTube that show how to replace the cable and remove the assembly. If I get time I may try mine again or wait until end of the season. Keep us posted on your progress.

I saw one video on you tube . The trailer was a newer style and they pulled the assembly thru the back. The problem I see on my Tongue is the sway away pin bushing looks like it my be tack welded in. The other issues is pulling the break line off the solenoid I can not get to the fitting to pull from the front... If anyone has any ideas or past experiences let me know, If not i will give it a go on what i think needs to be done and keep the post updated for someone else

Attachments

• Boat tongue bushing.jpg
    Boat tongue bushing.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Boat tongue back veiw.jpg
    Boat tongue back veiw.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Back