A winterizing question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Loos

Reaction score
For more years than I care to count, I have always reserved a weekend to ready my boat for winter lay up. It

I do my own too. I cant bring myself to spend good money on something that i can do myself.

Do it yourself and save some money...Do you keep it outside or in a garage or shelter maybe?

Normally do my own but this year, because of work being done on the boat, I'm having a dealer do it.

dealer will do it again this year. 2005 final year of warrenty. so next year i will do my own.

GregD

Winterizing? What's that again???? BBWWAAAAA

Winterizing my boat mostly consists of getting my heavy threads out - for me! I did put Stabil in the fuel last fall (December), since I knew that it wouldn't probably be used till February.

Tex

I'm with TT. Winterizing is a long involved process:

Step 1: Take the transom saver off

Step 2: Trim motor down

Step 3: Have a beer and think about all the sad people up North that aren't able to fish all year!

I do my own....Learned how from all the people on this board!....Its also an opportunity to spend a day going over all things on the boat yourself and give it a little extra care! !

Thanks guys for the feedback. Of course I showed this to my wife and her response was, "Well don't all of you talk about your motor problems? Maybe there's a connection." I didn't answer her. Women!

Da Bear

Thanks guys for the feedback. Of course I showed this to my wife and her response was, "Well don't all of you talk about your motor problems? Maybe there's a connection." I didn't answer her. Women!

Da Bear

Back