A Penny for a Bee Sting!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hamilton

Reaction score
Thought I would pass this along which came from a friend.

This information may be something to remember, as this season will soon be here again...

It might be wise to carry a penny in your pocket while working in the yard........... BEE STINGS !

A couple of weeks ago, I was stung by both a bee and hornet while working in the garden.

My arm swelled up, so I went to the doctor. The clinic gave me cream and an antihistamine. The next day the swelling was getting progressively worse, so I went to my regular doctor. The arm was Infected and needed an antibiotic.The doctor told me - ' The next time you get stung, put a penny on the bite for 15 minutes'.

That night, my niece was stung by two bees. I looked at the bite and it had alreadystarted to swell. So, I taped a penny to her arm for 15 minutes. The next morning, there was no sign of a bite. We decided that she just wasn't allergic to the sting.

Soon, I was gardening outside. I got stung again, twice by a hornet on my left hand. I thought, here I go again to the doctor for another antibiotic.

I promptly got my money out and taped two pennies to my bites, then sat

and sulked for 15 minutes. The penny took the string out of the bite immediately.

In the meantime the hornets were attacking, and my friend was stung on the thumb.

Again the penny. The next morning I could only see the spot where the hornet had stung me. No redness, no swelling. My friend's sting was the same; couldn't even tell where she had been stung.

She got stung again a few days later upon her back---cutting the grass!

And the penny worked once again.

Wanted to share this marvelous information in case you experience the

same problem. We need to keep a stock of pennies on hand .

The doctor said that the copper in the penny counteracts the bite. It definitely works!

Please remember and pass this information on to your friends, children,

grandchildren, etc.

This has been all over the internet lately. I believe the government is trying to create a use for the penny.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Bubby

http://www.snopes.com/medical/homecure/beesting.asp

Hey Bill,

Be sure to use a penny made before 1982 to get the most copper for your sting!

I have a friend who gardens alot and heswears by the penny fix for stings also.

Following is a brief chronology of the metal composition of the cent coin (penny):

The composition was pure copper from 1793 to 1837.

From 1837 to 1857, the cent was made of bronze (95 percent copper, and five percent tin and zinc).

From 1857, the cent was 88 percent copper and 12 percent nickel, giving the coin a whitish appearance.

The cent was again bronze (95 percent copper, and five percent tin and zinc) from 1864 to 1962.

(Note: In 1943, the coin's composition was changed to zinc-coated steel. This change was only for the year 1943 and was due to the critical use of copper for the war effort.)

In 1962, the cent's tin content, which was quite small, was removed. That made the metal composition of the cent 95 percent copper and 5 percent zinc.

The alloy remained 95 percent copper and 5 percent zinc until 1982, when the composition was changed to 97.5 percent zinc and 2.5 percent copper (copper-plated zinc). Cents of both compositions appeared in that year.

Mike

On the first bite I would off taken care of those bee's. You must have alot of penny's or you just like those bee's sting's......Glad to hear that a simple penny would take care of it.

Here's another use for those pennies:

Save them up, and collect them from your neighbors and children...

Then take them all to a store and BUY SOME WASP AND BEE KILLER!!!:lol::lol::lol:

I would have killed every one of the suckers the first time I got stung and had to go to the hospital.

All the best,

Glenn

Back