A new upgrade to my boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
I'm posting something that I added to my Triton, but I'm sure this could be added to lots of other brands, thus my reason for posting - if you are interested, I'd be happy to post pictures / specs.

The 2007 Triton X series boats have a built in fish ruler holder. Now, my 2005 has the one that lots of other manufacturers put on their boat - under the tackle storage lid. But this one is different, and peaked my interest. The 05 and some earlier Triton X boats have two cup holders on the front deck, right as you step up on the deck from the sole of the boat. I am not sure, but I thought I saw the same setup, or something similar, on a 9 series Nitro a while back. Well, for 2007, they took out one of the cupholders, and installed this little plastic piece with a recess and a thin slot in it. The "golden rule" type ruler slides into the slot, and the angled part at the end (that you put the fishes mouth up against) keeps it from sliding completely into the slot, but the recessed area allows it to fit flush.

The great part of this upgrade, is that I no longer have to open a lid to get my ruler, nor do I have a ruler getting kicked around / possibly bent up, on the deck or sole of the boat.

If anyone is interested, I'll post pics. If not... well, I'll just enjoy it.

All the best,

Glenn

Glenn please post some pictures, always glad to see new ideas. :wacko:

Glenn - Would like to see some pics. Don't always abide by the "Golden Rule" and have been know to fabricate a fish story once in a while. Since I don't keep fish or run in TXs I really never measure anything except weight and like the butcher always push down with my thumb on the scale. LOL

I'd like to see it Glenn.. I wish more people would post their ideas, modifications, and tips.

I wish the Grab Bag was used more. I don't mean it has to be a patent approved type drawing

accompanying and tip or idea. It could be just an explanation of something but it would stay in the Grab Bag instead of disappearing fifty pages back.

I know a lot of guys on here have some great tips about boating, fishing, trailering, etc..

Me, I haven't had a clever tip or idea in years.

Uncle Billy

Heck ya, post the picture, I've almost killed myself twice tripping over the ruler on the floor in the boat when I'm running around with the net... GREAT idea.

The Bears fan

Hey guys. Pics are going to have to wait until Monday at the earliest. I got home, got busy getting ready for the show tomorrow, and forgot to take pics of it. It's dark out now, and I'll be at Greentop sporting goods for the next two days. Sorry. I'll post pics when I get back, and put it in the Grab Bag.

All the best,

Glenn

Maybe. I havn't heard a thing about my new units, and I'm not pulling anything out of my boat until the new ones are in my hand. Sorry for the wait. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that I actually still am getting new ones. I havn't forgot about you. I'll let you know the minute they come in. I was expecting them about a month ago.... hopefully soon.

All the best,

Glenn

Back