A Little Advice

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Just a little reminder if you notice a little more H20 in the boat to check the screws that hold your topcap on (and rub rail). I do it every year and did it twice last year the last time was before I went to Champlain to let LaMoy abuse me in the chop. Had some time so I pulled my rub rail and sure enough, there were a lot of cap screws that had pulled loose. Siliconed them back in (none were stripped). Worth a check.

TOXIC

OR You could drive a nice all welded aluminum hull boat that doesn't come apart in rough water.

You knew that was coming. ;>)

Harpo

But they still have a rub rail....or are those just glued on the tin rigs? Wouldn't be right if I didn't catch a little grief. LOL!!

TOXIC

The have a gunwwale that is rivited on. That I have to admit is a source of water entering the hull when you run at speed in rough water. The rubber strip doesn't have anything under except pure unadulterated recycled Coors cans.

Harpo

When I run in ruff water the amount of water coming through the cap is the least of my worries. Its the amount of water coming over the cap that worries me...

Wolf

That's "operator error" wolf!!LOL!! As an aside, I noticed that my boat had a bead of silicone along the bottom edge of the rub rail bracket also. Through my many washings and waxings, I have pulled most of it off. I will re-do it as soon as I find a silicone sponsor!!LOL!

TOXIC

Hey Tox... Winniconne, again? When you headed our way?

ABSOOOOOOOLUTELY!!! We will be leaving here the 1st of July and getting the cottage on the 2nd through like the 16th. This year I would really like to have a fry with some "fresh" eyes. I don't know if I remember how to rig a leech though, eeeeewwwwww!!LOL You are welcome to try the chain also. No really big fish, supposed to be some large Musky including tigers...I caught one 2 years ago, and some good walleyes and smallies. I can usually stay pretty busy on the water with the bucket mouths!! There is a free ramp on Dake Lake about 5 cottages down from where we stay. I would luuuuve to hit the Wolf and/or Winniconnie or where ever keeps me within the ability to get back in reasonable time. Let's make it a mini-rally!!

TOXIC

Those new gunnels on the 175 & 185 are tank tough man! No flex at all:)

How did I miss this?

Quote from Tox's original post:

"...so I pulled my rub rail..."

BWAAAHAAAHAAAAA

Tee - You he should have bought ALUMINIUM!!! LOL

Back