A few lines I rep....for questions

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Just a FYI. Not a plug. But for those who didn't know, I signed up as a mfr rep with Norm Bayer Associates, nbafishing.com and rep for the following companies:

McCoy line

Bill Lewis' Rat-L-Traps

Jewel Baits

Castaway Rods

Bandit Lures

Jerry's Flies (also has stick baits)

ISG

Lee Bailey Jr's Cavitron

KGE Inc

Lake Fork Tackle

Lunker Lunchbox

Frogg Toggs

And J. Ryall Fly reels

just to name a few. There are more. And we continually look at new lines. I don't sell them to the public, so don't ask. I deal directly with dealers/distributors. But if any of you have any questions about any of these lines, and particular baits, or where to get them, let me know. If I don't know, I will find out for you. I also have samples from each company and use many of the products so I can give a no BS account of how they perform.

So again, I'm not here to plug the lines, it doesn't benefit me in any way. Just wanted to let everyone know I can get you inside info from the mfrs should you want it. That's what makes this site so great....the surplus of avaiable info. Just glad I have some more to contribute.

Hey Rob. Have you used the ISG tubes yet? Tried them a little last year. I really like the "look" of 'em, but just didn't use them enough.

Craig

Ok Rob

I have a question on a line you don't rep. YoZuri or something like that. Are the crankbaits that much better if at all. I mean I have a kazillion crankbaits but I'm temped to drop a c note on a full spectrum of them. I pretty much use Bagleys DB's and Rapala baits. Whaddaya think.

fatrap

KAZILLION????? Now thats a lot of cranks Fatrap.

BTW how much is a Kazillion?

Rob,

has bandit came out with any new colors and/or stlyes in this years line up?

T.S.

A kazillion is the amount you have after becoming exhausted counting on your fingers and toes.

fatrap

200 Crankbaits... $600

Nitro 901 Bassboat ... $28000

New Rod/Reel....$200

Catching a 2oz Bluegill.... priceless!

Craig,

You didn't hear me say this, but MOST of the tubes on the market today are manufactured by 1 of either 3 or 4 companies. There are well over a dozen tube "brands" out there, so you do the math. It's private labelling. I do not yet know who makes ISG tubes, but will find out this week. I can say this, they are every bit as good as BPS, Mizmo, Big Bite, Rite Bite, etc, etc. You basically have 2 kinds of tubes, hand dipped/poured, and injection molded. The hand dipped have more weight, typically more salt, and are of higher quality IMHO. You pay a little more, but you get what you pay for. Mini is also a rep for a great line of tubes/plastics and his company is one of those few actual MFR I mentioned.

Tox, light a match, you're getting light headed! LOL

Fatrap, I will say this: I rep for Bandits are great cranks for their style. The big bodied, diving cranks. When it comes to stick baits, hands down, Luckycraft and Yozuri get my vote for fish in the boat every time. However, if you risk losing them to pike or in snags, I would throw a $5-$6 crank all day over the $14 Japanese baits. But that's just me. When money's on the line, I throw money baits. Bandit and Bill Lewis are money baits for their type. I don't like Cordell spots or Rapalas lipless crankbait over Rat-L-Traps. That is an honest account. No sales pitch.

Travis, Bandit has a Kazillion available colors! LOL More than most any crankbait series I've ever seen, and yes there are some new ones this year. E-mail your address and I can mail you a color scheme catalog. Do you have a local shop that carries them? Bring the catalog and tell them what to order and they should.

Jr. You don't even wanna know what I have invested in tackle and rods/reels. And I know a few people that are way worse than me! LOL My boy will HAVE to go pro, cause I spent his college fund on tackle!

Back