A few in the know....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
I just had to "stir the pot" on the "other" site after the BWB aluminum shootout.

Boy these guys just don't get the NEW Trackers but, they are slowly comin' around.

Check out in the Boat and Motors section for the Tracker Bashers take note heading;)

I just responded Tee, and I think you'll agree with this one:

Now the ONLY area I think the Tracker Revolution hull (which does NOT include the Avalanche) is at a dissadvantage to Xpress, Triton, G3... is in the speed area. The Revolution hull is NOT a high performance hull, so if top speed is the goal a 18ft Xpress with a 115hp vs. a Tracker PT 185 with a 115hp I suspect the Xpress will much faster.

Well that in itself is debateable...If Tracker got rid of ALL the wood (decks) and put more stringers with a progressive stepped hull like the Express...it might be race then but, yes they are not the same.

Wished I had a job in their design depatment....I'd show them some ideas that WOULD compete if not blow em' outta' the water.:lol:

Express was my boat of choice before I bought the Tracker...there were only two things holding me back at the time...money (18K vs. 14K) and their trailers at that time really sucked bad. Nowadays Express is definitely getting better but, are losing dealers due to their higher price range. They even state in BWB that it's a little stiff pricewise....

Boat Boys here in Ohio are gone...and they were the biggest Express dealer around.

BTW Trep I topped a TRUE 45 MPH with two people and a half tank this weekend...cleaned my SS prop and the SS Tracker was blazin' @ 5400 RPM's. Anybody that say's they're going faster in that rig is definitely exagerating...that was GPS BTW:D

Tee - Agree 100%, Tracker would have to change the hull design and beef up the transoms for the 18fter would run a 150 like the Xpress but then you are taking sales from the Avalanche. I would suspect though that a rough water ride in the Revolution hull would be better then the Xpress 18ft hull?

45 is SWEET with the 90!!

I'm hearing rumors of a new ModV for 06' but, can't get anything confirmed:blink:

the tracker with a 115 would be a tight race with a g3 or xpress with same engine, the xpress and g3 really shine when you max them out. My g3 will top out around 65 or so with full tank of gas and one person if you have the guts to take it to the limit, if not 60 to 61 all day with 2people tourny load with full livewells.

as for the ride my friends swears it rides better than his 882 in rough water.

mike

I'm hearing rumors of a new ModV for 06' but, can't get anything confirmed

Funny you should say that. I was talking with Bob a couple weeks ago and said how nice it would be for Tracker to come out with a performance 19' aluminum with the molded alum. hull like the Avalanche. All Bob did was smile ;)

I'd absolutely love it cause it would "shut up" them Tracker Bashers up once and for all!

I do wish Tracker would release news on new models or upgrades like the competition. I've only heard on the new 4 & 5 series replacing the 750 and 882 and whatever they are doing with the 9 series boats. Why are they always so far behind?

We've already heard Rangers news, as well as Skeeter and the new i Class, boats are already being sold off the showroom floor.

Now if we're speaking of rumors, i've heard that Tracker is close to a 20-21ft Avalanche model!!

Saaawweet....may have to move up in a year or two?:unsure:

Now my source told me that last Nov, haven't seen/heard anymore but it would be NICE to see a 20-21ft Avalanche with a 250 going 70+!!

I'm hearing rumors of a new ModV for 06' but, can't get anything confirmed

There will be a new 19' mod v, but it will not be a molded hull like the Av. PT190.

Craig

Awww man, just a PT190. Disappointed to say the least, but it's a step in the right direction :)

Back