93 Nitro 170TF/115 Johnson Questions for John

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winn Hammond

Reaction score
re: 93 Nitro 170TF/115 Johnson Questions by John, 10/3/2003 19:49 ET

Winn, I have the 92 TF170 with a 115. Mine sits low in the rear as well, but not that low. I have about 6 inches below the rubber. I put a hyrofoil on mine and it helps with getting on plane. Takes me about 8-10 secs with full load and partner. Good luck.

John

John: Since you have the same boat motor combination as I have I wanted to ask you some more questions.

I have been thinking about what everybody said in my other post and was wondeing if you have noticed the water level at the rear of your boat when someone is fishing in the rear position? My son or I spend a lot of time fishing in that position and our extra weight (200+lbs) may be causing the boat to set that low only while one of us are back there. I am going to the lake tomorrow and I will check to see if I have the 6 inches below the rubber like you mentioned without anyone on the rear deck.

Also, do you have to trim your motor up some to get those exaust holes out of the water before you start your motor?

I just bought this boat 2 months ago and it was garage kept and looks good to the eye. I am worried about the water logged possibility. Your answers will help me understand what is normal for this boat/motor. Thanks for your help.

Winn

Back