911 Tell me all :)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well a little help here :) PLEASE Tell me all

1 How fast with a 225 Optimax?

2 Does it tow well with a 350 hp truck ?

3 Any issues that never seem to hit the message board?

4 Do you love it?

5 Do you hate it ?

Please advice ASAP

Mike Mac

1 How fast with a 225 Optimax? Nitro site says 68-71 but Pat Goff will tell you the real skinny

2 Does it tow well with a 350 hp truck ? Geeze unless its a late 80's Chevy Cyclone, what FUll Sized truck with a 350hp V8 CAN'T Tow a boat weighing 4000 lbs

3 Any issues that never seem to hit the message board?

4 Do you love it? DO I EVER!!!

5 Do you hate it ? NOPE

Now, do I have a 911?? NO BUT I dream about Sim's with a 250 EVERY NIGHT!!!! LOL Just don't tell my Tin brothers!!!! BBWWWWAAAAA

You'll get some good info in a few posts Mike!

ok, time to chine in... (pun intended).

I bought my 911 in september... previously I have owned a NX750, a TR186 and a 901.

It has a Merc 250XB on it. 24pTrophy prop.

I had it easily to 70 with 3/4 tank of fuel, empty livewells, 2 people and all our "stuff"...I caught and was in the process of passing a Ranger 520 with a 225 Optimax and 1 person... I.m still not used to running that fast, and started to get a little chine walk, so I backed off. (I still had room to trim up and get a couple more out of her).

Now, I have had a few issues, but none of them are truly "boat" related. (gauges and livewell controls) all have been fixed under warrenty.

The boat has loads of storage.

Most importantly it is the best handling boat I've had.

We fish Lake Cumberland alot... we were out in 20-25mph winds and were still able to fish and feel safe, even while running from spot to spot.

I tow mine with a 2001 Dodge Dakota Quad with the V-8 and barely know it is back there.

Trep, your secret is safe with me... I'll use it later when I "need" something...

I just KNEW that would get you CIII!!!LOLOLOL!!!

TOXIC

The joy of a single console is watching your passengers cheeks flap in the wind all the while they are trying to be "cool".

Tox - I HATE Single Consoles!!!! In fact if Tracker is listening the PRIME reason for me to (in 2 years) look at other brands of Aluminium boats is that Tracker does NOT offer a Dual Console on a Aluminium Bass Boat! yes you can get one in the Targa series or the Tundra/Avalanche, but for the mid-priced PT185 or the TV18 no Dual Consoles available. For me, the Non-Tourney Angler, its about keeping my Kid/wife confortable!! that is WAY important.

So, If I save my pennies and Sim sells his 911 in a few years AND I find a HUGE truck to pull it.... Nah.. :)

Never say never Trep. People just don't understand what it is like to to have "full frontal exposure" at 70mph!!!LOL!!! Now make that at 25 degrees and we're havin some fun!!LOL!! Few get to experience the feeling of frozen solid nostrils!!

TOXIC

Tox, In my new club that I fished in this fall, I had a feeling I was in for some ride when some of the members started putting on full face motorcycle helmets for the cold!!.

I loved my 2000 911. Ditto Mini's comments, except mine sold quickly. Almost 70, full load, but a steady low 60's in 3'er's! If I hadn't spent so many years driving "on the wrong side" of the boat, I'd still be in one. (I got a box full of left hand reels due to the same mentality! LOL!!) The best big water bass boat built! IMHO
Awesome View.jpg

Tox - I do NOT want to find out about 70+ as a passenger in a single console! Dan J. had us up to 76mph in the 929 with dual consoles, both had full face helmets ambient temp around 34 degrees and I was STILL cold!!!!!LOL

70 plus without a console and Trep will be blown out of the boat. Trep do like I did make your own console.. Nice winter project for ya..

BF

Bruce - you MADE a console??? Pictures Man, Pictures!!! Email them or post them!!

In 2 years i may be tempted to get a PT 185 and see if the Deep V second consoles would work!!! I wish there was a junk yard for boats like cars, so I could just go unscrew one from a totaled 185 and off I go!!

Trep

Back