901 Remote Oil Tube

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich S

Reaction score
Well, I finally picked up my 901 and its great except for one thing... the remote oil fill tube is freakin' useless they used about 5 foot of tubing and have it trying to flow uphill which causes oil to overflow out of it. the oil tank is directly under the oil fill tube, is there any reason why I cant cut the tube and run it straight down into the oil tank instead of the way they have it snaked all over the bilge area and around the gas tank?

Shorten it... just make sure to get it good and tight. That's a pressurized system (I think). So, just don't get it tight enough not to leak oil, but tight enough to be airtight. Just don't overtighten :).

You may want to install a breather tube inside their tube as well - this allows you to fill the reserve without getting flowback. BPS installed for me when they were setting my 901 up. It is basically a flexible narrow tube that is installed inside of the standard fill hose.

David

Back