901 Boat Cover Hardware

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy Cody

Reaction score
A couple of the plastic clips have broken on my boat cover. These are the plastic part that is attached to the loop that is sewed to the cover itself. When I bought the boat, my dealer gave me about 10 extra straps with the male/female clips so I could replace them as they wore. However, they don't help much when the clip on the cover loop breaks.

Does anyone know where I might look for some replacements?

Thanks,

RoyC

I checked out a number of Army Surplus links and didn't find anything. I'll email Dowco and see what they suggest.

Thanks,

RoyC

Just a followup on my cover hardware problem.

I couln't find the clips I was looking for anywhere. I took Toxic's advice and sent an email to Dowco's customer service. After a couple emails back and forth, I received a package from Dowco "free of charge". I received several new tie-down straps, extra buckles and an ample supply of the broken clips I was trying to find. The cust. rep who helped me out was Sarah.

Another good manufacturer with great customer service.

RoyC

Hi RoyC

Some of the same clips on my cover have broken as well. How do you plan on installing the replacement clips if the straps are already sewn into the cover?

Paul

I'm going to try to rip out the stitching, install the clip and then re-sew the tabs back into place. My wife has a friend that has one of those small handheld sewing machines that were advertised for about $20. If it doesnt work, I'll just try to stitch it by hand using a single point needle I've had for a long time, but never used.

RoyC

Back