896 DC bulkhead

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Man

Reaction score
Just purchased a used 02 Nitro 896 DC. The front swivel seat was loose. I went into compartment under deck to tighten the 6 holddown bolts but the front 2 were behind a plywood bulkhead. Does anyone know if this bulkhead is original (factory) location or is this an add on by previous owner?

Why would think it was not original? 896 had plenty of wood in it, especially the storage boxes.

The front two bolt nuts were unaccessible, because bulkhead in the way. No way to tighten. Thus only 4 of 6 bolts holding swivel mount. Leverage becomes a player with loose 2 front bolts.

Most likely original to the boat. You could pull the carpet back and make a hole in the bulkhead to get to the bolts. Repair the hole and re-glue the carpet. A 4" hole saw makes a nice clean hole and if it's drilled in or near the center, it won't weaken it very much at all.

Gene

The hole saw idea worked great.I was able to get a wrench on the 2 front nuts and tighten. I sealed the newly cut wood and plugged the holes. thanks Gene.

Dennis

Back