6 in a row!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
I made it 6 in a row today!!!! I'll give details a little later. But before I go to bed to sleep a little I'll say this.

I was happy all day long. I had a GREAT time fishing today with my dad. Even tho we didn't do real well it was like old times :) :). I'm sure i'll get back on my game shortly. I should also add 4 people had fish so fishing was really really really tough. My dad had a fish blow up twice on a topwater this morning and missed the fish twice. thats ok...we'll get em' next time.

BJ

Just looking at the the Astro Table in Bassmaster magazine it doesn't look like you were out on a very good day. Not the worse day of the month but certianly not the best. Topwater fishing requires the fish to be in a fairly aggresive mood. Maybe a plastic worm, jig 'n pig, or drop shot might have been a better choice. Remember, when fishing is tough you need to downsize and fish slower than you ever have in your life.

Isn't America great? A guy who hasn't caught diddlysquat all year can give advice to who ever he wants. :>)))

Harpo

ROFL!!!! Which is why I keep my mouth shut!!

Enjoy the time you spend with your father, BJ!

These are the best years of your lives!

I alwasy throw a topwater in the morning during the summer. We pretty much fished less than 3 or 4 feet all day long. we hit muddy water with shade from trees. there was a ton of stuff in the water.....just no fish.

BJ

BJ,

I was out on Saturday (Federation tourney) and finally broke through my funk. Got two in the boat, weighed in and returned to the lake safe and sound. Given the day we had (conditions and activity), I felt good about my day. Both came off of confidence baits: Zoom Super Fluke (fished with a swivel to have it sink a litte) and a TX Rigged Zoom worm (green pumpkin).

Also hooked up on a smaller fish early with a Bandit crankbait, but he 'flew threw the air' and spit it back at me.

Hang in there!

Tex

Back