6:3:1 or 5:2:1

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
For all purpose fishing, which is a better ratio to buy...especially if you aren't great with a baitcaster. I have a Curado which I do fine with (with I have 4 of the 6 pins pulled out) and I am looking to add another baitcaster at a lower price. I am looking at the BPS Extreme for $49.99 or the Bassmaster Low Profile baitcaster for $69.99. Any suggestions.

I like the the higher speed to take up line slack quickly on the hookset. As far as the reel goes save your money and get youself another curado later. Once you have had a reel as good as a curado you will be dissapointed with anything less. When i got my first one i pretty much all but stopped using my others because the curado is such a pleasure to use. Save your money and buy yorself a curado super free, you wont be sorry you did.

It is easier to slow down, then speed up. Go with the 6.3-1

Rich D

i have three of the bps extremes as well has many dawias and can say i like the bps very much especially the cost! all 6:3-1

Teri, if you're stepping foot in Bass Pro, I'd suggest looking at the $69.99 ProQualifier SE baitcast combo. It has better specs than the $69.99 Extreme combo. It looked pretty good to me.

I'll agree with everything above, Teri.

6.3:1 and spend the buxs on the Curado's; you'll be MUCH happier in the long run!

I have Curado 101's to fit my small hands; they come with the super-free spool. If you got to the 200-series, be sure you get the SF's.

higher speed every time, unless you need something to force you to slow down, but then go with a 4.4 or something like that.

Teri,

6.3:1 is prob. the way to go, and if you ARE looking at the Extreme or Pro Qualifier, I have both, and haven't had any trouble with either one, my only question is how will they work a few years from now.

( I guess I'll find out in a few years! lol)

I don't work 'em too hard, and as my wife says, I'm a little anal about keeping 'em cleaned & maintained during these winter months. But in 2 years with the Extremes, and one year with the Pro Qualifier, I have no complaints. egMike

I would go with a Abu Garica C3 for that price, you can't really beat it that real for the price. It will out last you that the funny thing about that real. I have one from when I was 13 that was about 15 years ago great real.

thanks

X

Back