591 lake test results

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avery Gilliland2

Reaction score
I was able to run my 06 591 w/175 opti this weekend. I am running a 24 tempest prop (2 plugs out) with no jack plate and motor is mounted on the middle hole, 3rd one down from the top. At wot speedo read 64 mph at 5200 rpms. Hole shot is pretty good with empty livewells, with all my gear, and just me in the boat. OKC Prop Shop suggested raising the motor up one notch and trying out a 23 tempest prop because i have some rpms to burn. He said my overall performance would improve, holeshot and top end. Prop Shop said my boat should run upper 60's with adjustments. Comments or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks, Gilly:D

Hey Gilly, I guess I've seen you around here for a while but never noticed that you were from the OKC area. Where do you fish mostly? I usually hit Bell Cow, Wes Watkins, Longmire, and my favorite, Arbuckle. However, with gas going up I'm not making the trip all the way to Arbuckle as much as I used to. We need to meet up some time.

get a gps and get the speed results, speedos are not that accurate, for the most part.

mike c

Yes they are, mine reads 86mph with both livewells filled, tournament rigged, full tank of fuel and 2 guys:lol::lol::lol: Of course my tach also shows I'm turning 8,000 rpm:lol::p

TOXIC

Back