30 pound striper!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it was hauled in by a boat 100 feet away from me. Beautiful fish.

Jeanne and I got out on Lanier for a few hours yesterday. We missed the bite by about an hour. The guy who hauled in the 30 pounder was yanking them in left and right on large shad suspended near the top under balloons. Then the bite went stone cold for everyone over the next few hours.

Frustrating. We get to the spot we think there will be fish. The boats already there are having a banner day. Then, when we put our trolling motor down, the bite turns off.

Argh! Thought I was gonna get me a wall hanger, and instead, come home with zilch. I hate when that happens.

But it was a beautiful day, the sun was shining. It was nice be outside and feel the warm sun. A decent consolation prize.

Sorry for the bad timing Rich! Spring's a coming and you and your bride will be sure to get a workout this year. We've had a mimimal at best shad kill this winter which usually creates an increased topwater frenzy as the lake warms. Rest your arms while you can!!!

Dan, I am primed for it.

You want to get out and fish the next fair-weather fishing day? I think it's my turn to pay for gas, and I'll even let you work the front of the boat. :)

Ken, there's always a seat in the boat for you here in the south.

Rich - Love to! I've been looking forward to a ride in your new toy. Next week is dicey between the weather and some comittments with my littlest one, but I should be wide open after that. Just drop me a line whenever you can break free. I'm looking forward to it!

I caught a 30# drum in a tourney this week. If I had to catch it, I would have preferred it to be a striper. Sad thing was, it was the only fish I caught all day!!

Rich - were you out in the am or pm? I had the Nitro out from 7-10am on Thurs, needed to feel the Nitro run and try for a few fish, I like you blanked, I had one hit on a jerkbait and that was it. Guys were trolling up Crappie left/right but I couldn't buy a bass.

Wanna see some pics of that new boat on the water!

And someone has GOT to set up something for April on either Lanier or Allatoona for us to get together!

Rich,

Wow that was big. Last time I was up on the lake I hooked one and lost it by the boat. It was a nice one. Went on Allatoona last Friday and Mike also was there. We both did no good, i even had Eli with me. Going to try in the morning on Allatoona. Hope the weather is dry, the cold does not bother me until it starts to effect the ramp with ice. Mike is right we need to get a group of us from the site on Allatoona or Lanier in April.

Back