24 volt wiring W/charger

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Brone

Reaction score
I have a 24 volt MinnKota TM. I need to rewire it to my two TM batteries along with the 2 bank charger. Any electricians here?

I have two sets of wires coming back from the trolling motor. One set of black and red and another set of black and red, then a black and a red from the charger.

Right now I have red from set #1 to + on batt #1

Black from set # 1 to - on batt #2

Red from set # 2 to + on batt #2

Black from set # 2 to - on batt #2

A white jumper connected from - on batt #1 to + on batt#2

Red wire from charger to + on batt#2

Black wire from charger to - on batt#1

??????????????????????????????????????

I left my multimeter at work and can't check it right now. Thanks

OK. I just re-observed what I had done. I actually made it harder than it was. I only have two wires coming back from the trolling motor. (Does that sound right?)One Red and one black. I have the 12/24 volt plug in the bow.

The two sets of black and red wires were obviously coming from the 2 bank charger. I have one set connected to one battery and the other set to the other battery. Red to + and black to-.

The trolling motor wires, I have red to + and Black to - with a white jumper from + on battery 1 to - on battery 2.

Does that seem better?

Yes much better, the way you are sending power to the bow is strictly 24v. I was not sure what you were saying before, but now you have it perfect. Don't forget a 50amp breaker.

Chris

PS, if you do a search in the last two weeks you will find many discussions on 24v setups form myself and Dave, we both just upgraded to 24v.

Back