2017 Mercury 60hp Idle Issue

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Breneman

Reaction score
The engine was warm, with no issue on cold start-up. I had moved my Tracker 175 to 2 or 3 places while fishing all was normal, on the last move, I heard a kind of pop at re-start as if there was some fuel fumes and the engine started, from then on, the idle was high. Then I would put her in gear it the idle was reduce at first then go high again. Any ideas why it would change like that?

The engine was warm, with no issue on cold start-up. I had moved my Tracker 175 to 2 or 3 places while fishing all was normal, on the last move, I heard a kind of pop at re-start as if there was some fuel fumes and the engine started, from then on, the idle was high. Then I would put her in gear it the idle was reduce at first then go high again. Any ideas why it would change like that?
Hey Bill, I'm not sure what your issue is but there is a 3 year warranty on the motor

Thank you sir.. she's in the shop now getting a service done and checking the idle issue.

Latest posts

Back