2014 Nitro Z7 battery configuration

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabolsky

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone might have some info on the batteries for my boat and their configuration. I have a 2014 Nitro Z7 Sport but don't have any of the user documentation. I know there are two batteries in the rear of the boat, at least one of which starts the motor and presumably gets recharged by the alternator? I assume the other battery is for the trolling motor and onboard electronics and does not get recharged by the alternator - therefore needing recharged periodically by other means?

Was wondering if anyoneigh might have some info on the batteries for my boat and their configuration. I have a 2014 Nitro Z7 Sport but don't have any of the user documentation. I know there are two batteries in the rear of the boat, at least one of which starts the motor and presumably gets recharged by the alternator? I assume the other battery is for the trolling motor and onboard electronics and does not get recharged by the alternator - therefore needing recharged periodically by other means?
right, use onboard charger or other

What voltage is your Trolling Motor?
If you have a 24 volt trolling motor which is standard on the Z7 Sport (unless it has been changed out), then you are also using your starting battery for the trolling motor. This will require that the starting battery also be charged.
Check your battery compartment two trolling motor batteries should be located where you can plainly see them, is you have a two stroke motor the starting battery should be located right from the remote oil tank almost hidden.
Also the Z7 Sport should have as standard a 2 bank onboard battery charger.
The starting battery should run your fish finders, live wells and such. It depends on how much you use your electronics on it you need to charge the starting battery.
The trolling motor battery should just serve your trolling motor.
This is all based on what the the boat furnished with and does not include any modifications that have been done.

I have a 2013 Z7, 3 batteries: 1 eac size 24 for starting and electronic, 2ea size 29 dc for the trolling motor wired in series for 24 volts

I have a 07 Z7, starting battery is a 29, the two trolling motor batteries are 31 AGM.

I have a 07 Z7, starting battery is a 29, the two trolling motor batteries are 31 AGM.
Those AGM batteries are great. I bought one last year for my john boat.
When I need to replace the trolling motor batteries in my Nitro, I might go with lithium ion phosphate batteries. You can get a 100Ah battery now for under $500.00, or a 300Ah for $1200.00, and the price keeps dropping. They are lighter and give constant power until the battery is completely drained. Plus they last longer, up to 10 years. I wouldn't be surprised if the cost is close to lead acid batteries in a couple of years.

I'm not running a z7, but I use two lithium iron phosphate batteries in series, soley to run my terrova. There is a separate multi-bank charger to charge them with a switchable breaker to isolate the motor when charging. In the rear, I run two separate batteries, and a separate multi-bank charger. One of the batteries is solely for the engine and is tied to the alternator. The other is a large deep cell. It is regulated and soley feeds electronics. It too has a switchable breaker to isolate the electronics while charging the batteries. Hope this helps you with some ideas.

Needed new batteries so have gone with Dakota Lithium LiFeP04 2 x 100ah 12V in series for 80 lb Ultrerra. Also 2 of the same batteries 12v in parallel using dedicated fuse box for electronics- Solix 10 w mega SI, Garmin 8610 and Livescope, Striker 75SV and 50 DV using total of 8.2 amps per hour. Thinking of trying a Dakota Lithium LiFeP04 DL+ 12v Lithium 60ah battery for starting and live well operation. Shedding around 200 lb of weight and increasing the available hours of use to cover all day fishing.

I am installing 2 new batteries in a 2014 Z-6. I do not have an owner's manual handy.
I suppose the starting battery goes on the right (starboard) side of the boat & the deep cycle battery goes on the left (port) side of the boat.

I was able to relocate the three battery system into the center directly under the hatch for easier access. I really disliked the side location that was hiding the battery and limiting access.. not sure you can do that on the Z-6 but consider it if you think it will work for you.. forgot to say mine is 2017, Z-18

Latest posts

Back