2010 Z7 Removable Console Update

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Chance

Reaction score
I posted before about the removable console not being an option at this time. I just got off the phone with my dealer and was informed that it will in fact be an option, but they are waiting on parts etc. etc. You can pay for the dual console option and order the boat with a single console and get the second console when all parts are in. That is what I will be doing. Can't wait.!!

Well.... not really. Unless Nitro came up with some groundbreaking design, it's probably going to be like everyone elses passenger side console. Once you put it in, if you take it back out, there will more than likely be some holes in the fiberglass, etc... where the console mounting bolts were. Couple that with the fact that most bolt-on passenger side consoles do a bit of rubbing back and forth against the topcap gelcoat, and you will see a marred up section of gelcoat where it used to be when you remove it. It would be really nice to have a pop-on / pop-off (like the T-Top mentioned above) type of console, but I've yet to see anyone have one.

My boat was a single console from the factory. I had the second console added. It had a manufacturers defect and had to be replaced. I took off the first one and installed the second one. Not really a "pop on / pop off" kind of deal. It took some time, 3 large bolts in the side, four small bolts in the front. Everything is hidden underneath when it's installed, but when you remove the console, everything sure does show.

If I'm mistaken on this, and Nitro truly has a groundbreaking design that allows a pop on / pop off second console - PLEASE - by all means - post some pictures when you get it. That would be awesome.

All the best,

Glenn

Pheonix has a on/off console... That would be a nice touch from Nitro...

From the 2010 catalog. Looks like a pretty slick idea to me.

Z-7_img6118_700.jpg

Z-7_img6116_700.jpg

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!! That is AWESOME! Oh man, what an excellent idea from Nitro. I hope they sell a ton with this option.

Where is the "Big thumbs up" smiley? :lol:

Thanks for posting those pictures. I never would have imagined... but there it is - in color no less. Thanks!

Greg - Haven't heard of Pheonix boats. I'll have to look that one up.

All the best,

Glenn

Glen Phoenix Boats is the new name for the old Bumble Bee bass boats

Tom

I missed that change. I thought the new name was "Bee Line Boats". Did it change again recently?

All the best,

Glenn

The new Phoenix boats are very nice. They also own the Bee Line line of boats also which are also nice and very competitively priced. I fust did not like how the Bee Line's lacked front deck space, but very nice boats. Greg Hackney recently signed with Phoenix. Phoenix and Bee Line are all the same company.

AWSOME! I want this, and I hope it goes up the ladder to the Z8 & Z9. I think it is genious!:D

PS- Another cool thing would be to make some "logo" plugs that could fill the holes while it's in single mode. on the side a 2 "pronged" "NITRO" badge, then on the other forward side a "1 prong" "Z-7" badge. to finish the look AND protect the threads.:unsure:

Just saw a new Phoenix at the boat show in Greensboro, NC on Friday. One of the owners was there and I spent about 30-40 minutes talking to him and him showing me all the aspects of the boat. Best boat I've seen as far as extras. He showed me how easy it is to take out the extra console and put it back. Took all of 45 seconds. You can't move it a fraction when you put it back in. They do have the nameplates that pop in to cover the holes when the console is out. Slick as can be. I was totally impressed with this rig, except that it was 50 grand!

Latest posts

Back