2009 Z7

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Harless

Reaction score
hi all, new here and just ordered a 09 Z7, first new boat since my 95 nitro and I was wondering about the pro's and con's of the Z7.

I stayed with the Merc 150, if the fish swims faster then that, I'd would have never caught it anyway. :)

fats, I just bought an 08 Z-7 after fishing out of an NX750 for the last two years. So far I have not maxed it out, still learning the ropes of this one, but the ride is great in choppy water, handles well, trailers well, and has plenty of room.

The one downside is that if you get the x96 in the dash, the transducer will not match up with any of the current Lowrance units, you will have to look at an Eagle 640c if you want a GPS on the console. This is my current soapbox issue with Tracker on this level of boat. With a rating of 200 on the rig, it should be easier to upgrade the electronics.

Mine has the 175 Pro XS, and it has a lot of go!

I love mine, the only "con" i ghave found is i wish they made the cooler bigger.If they lost the trash can and made the cooller bigger is would welcome it. I like the trash can feature but on a hot day id rather not have to carry an extra cooler for drinks.

The one downside is that if you get the x96 in the dash, the transducer will not match up with any of the current Lowrance units, you will have to look at an Eagle 640c if you want a GPS on the console.

All you have to do is yank out that ducer and put in whatever one you need. Its a pretty easy job. You would be in the same situation if they went with another lowrance model or antoher brand since theyere is really no universal connector(lowrance is almost there). No matter whan they put in there someone along the line will want to change it. When i got mine i pulled the x96 and put a 520c in there(soon to be a HDS5). Took me maybe an hour all told to do it, yank the old one and glue in a new one. Its not that hard. .

Jim, I won't argue with you here, but let me say if I could get to the transducer I would have done so. I believe the man asked for pros and cons, that is what I gave him. When ordering a new boat, it may not be clear on the front end that this is the case. I bought a used boat.

Its right under the plate that the oil tank mounts to. Yea ita pain to remove the btteries and the plate but once removed its easy. It also makes it much easier to do if you remove the back compartment lid.

I'll have to go looking for it. I checked on having it done for me, but for another $200 I decided to go with the 640. I had already bought a 520c which is now in the possession of one Teri C.! I will probably run this one for a couple of years and then look at upgrading both units.

Thanks for the input. See ya.

Mine is a Z6 but I didn't even pull the old one out, just glued the new ducer next to the old one. If I sell the boat and decide to keep the 520c I just put the x96 back in the dash.

Latest posts

Back