2009 Classic

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Anyone following the blog today on ESPN? They had Ike with 1 fish for a long time and then got new info that he had a 7lber with a 20lb bag and was unofficially in 1st place. Came back later and said no 7lber existed and he is only in the top 10.

I've enjoyed reading it today. I have a date with my couch this weekend to watch the coverage.

KVD is sucking. Last I knew he had 1 fish. I like the guy alot!

Watching the streaming video from Bass Insider. They just reported that VanDam likely will have only 4, and all small. Weigh-in supposed to start in 5-10 minutes (they are behind).

It's now 4:30PM CST (5:30PM EST) for tracking purposes.

Been listening on Live ESPN Streaming Audio also, and they are still 'dancing around' in the Arena.

Tex

As has usually been the case, the video they say they will have for the BASS Insiders, isn't there and the weigh in board is not good either.

Tex

I don't think there is any tv coverage until tomorrow.

I was hoping Kim Bain would be in the middle of the pack but she didn't do so hot. 2 small ones from what they unofficially reported. She always does better on day 2.

I will fish the Classic one day. :p

Great! Yes, even the 'live audio radio stream' is behind. Right now, it's playing Todd Faircloth at the weigh-in tank, and he's already posted his weight for the day on-line. They just can't seem to get this correct.

Yes, TV coverage won't be till the morning, but if you are a BASS Insider (comes with my Federation Membership), they are supposed to have the live weigh-in stage - but it's only a behind the scenes look out in the parking lot.

Enjoy the weekend!

Tex

Watched the coverage this morning, as usual their 'program coverage' is pretty good. Thought that they went a little bit overboard with the whole Kim Bain coverage. While it is certainly a story, for me, it would have been more of a story if she had made the Classic by fishing the Elite series. To a large degree, it's somewhat similar to how the Federation Anglers get in. It's a nice reward for their hard work, but not even close to being what the Elite Series pro's have to go through.

Would love to see some of the 'old sticks' make a run, but the anglers in their 30's-40's are really tough.

Tex

drop shot or small finesse worm on a jig head.

I watched this morning too thanks to my dogs going apesheet at 7am. Guess they wanted me up.

I have to agree with some of the things the guys said about Bain being there. Although I love seeing a woman get a chance, I don't think it was as hard for her to get there as others. But, the women have to start somewhere and it's a way for BASS to promote the women's series. I am sure it wasn't easy for her to run away with those but I am sure the competition in an Elite series is fierce. So, I am mixed. I am glad women are breaking into to the big one but I could see where some guys would be upset with the criteria.

Can I say, Ike is such a turd but a master at drawing attention. And what is that straggley crap on his chin. Ewww, who would kiss that mess.:rolleyes:

OK, my opinion here...

No matter how she got there, she followed the rules. She is no kidding the first woman to fish the BMC...good on her, and there will never be another first....

But, I think they went a bit over on the coverage....I do :wub: her accent though :cool:

Teri, agree he is a freakin dufus....I can not respect that kind of antics......I was taught to be a bit more...introvered then that..... Someone needs to cut that fu man chu off and put it in his nose.....

You're supposed to be a little more tolerant of facial hair now that you're not on the active rolls! ;)

Latest posts

Back